Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316519 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #820 on: 05 June 2013, 14:43 »
Been to see my dealer today and mine is showing as wk 37 at the moment, so looking for the end of August (was told July originally). Taking one out for a test drive tomorrow so at least I get to have a go in one before mine arrives (if it ever does!)

That'll be the 2nd week in October for delivery, at the earliest.  :sad:

I'm BW37 at the moment and mid October is the earliest anticipated delivery for me.  :cry:

Welcome to the club.

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #821 on: 05 June 2013, 15:22 »
I'm interested in how bw37 wishes to a mid October delivery as that week starts on 9th September
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #822 on: 05 June 2013, 15:28 »
I'm interested in how bw37 wishes to a mid October delivery as that week starts on 9th September

Long experience is teaching me to assume the longest possible time for each operation.  So in this case:
  • BW37 start -> may not complete until early BW38 -> 16/9
  • 2-4 weeks to ship (pot luck with ship departure) ->  7/10
  • Once in UK week until collection ->  14/10
Ta da!

Yes I really hope it moves faster than that, but even on my last car (which was only 8 weeks estimated from order to collection) I ended up having to add on something like 3 weeks to the "absolute latest" estimated collection.  So now I'm just assuming everything takes the maximum time it might take, and I should probably throw some time in to allow for delays but I can't face doing that! :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #823 on: 05 June 2013, 15:31 »

1 week to build, minimum 3 weeks to deliver, few days to PDI.  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
« Reply #824 on: 06 June 2013, 08:24 »
Order back on the tracker and the colour has changed but still showing as order processing so I don't believe the BW27 quoted by the dealer as that's less than 4 weeks away. Hopefully changing the colour has not pushed the BW back.
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #825 on: 06 June 2013, 18:25 »
I'm guessing for those of us who were told bw27 if we don't see a change on the track my order website tomorrow then it ain't going to happen?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #826 on: 06 June 2013, 18:29 »
I'm guessing for those of us who were told bw27 if we don't see a change on the track my order website tomorrow then it ain't going to happen?

Correct. You should have a confirmed BW by end of play tomorrow. If you haven't then you've been f7cked over & they are telling porkies *shocker* which I surely can't believe  :rolleyes:  :whistle:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #827 on: 06 June 2013, 18:37 »

Correct. You should have a confirmed BW by end of play tomorrow. If you haven't then you've been f7cked over & they are telling porkies *shocker* which I surely can't believe  :rolleyes:  :whistle:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #828 on: 06 June 2013, 22:34 »
When I was out with my dealer tonight for a test drive he was mentioning that my car is build confirmed for week 26 :smiley: and everything is going to plan. Apparently one customer ordered the day before me and he specified DSG yet he hasn't even had a confirmed build week go figure.

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #829 on: 06 June 2013, 22:36 »
When I was out with my dealer tonight for a test drive he was mentioning that my car is build confirmed for week 26 :smiley: and everything is going to plan. Apparently one customer ordered the day before me and he specified DSG yet he hasn't even had a confirmed build week go figure.

Is yours showing build week confirmed status on the website?