Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316545 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #800 on: 04 June 2013, 11:45 »
I was hoping it was an update but nowt changed with mine yet. Still processing  :sad:

Yeah me too, first thing I did this morning when I woke up was check it as thought its got to be doing an update on my order.  Alas, as with all things VW recently, I was let down and there was no movement nor additional information.  :sad:

It does seem like when this happens it precedes an update (note H5-O's thread where a few are appearing as recognised for the first time).  However, I don't think it indicates an update to any specific order, just an overall update or maybe just busy server.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #801 on: 04 June 2013, 12:31 »
Interestingly, my dealer has just emailed me.  I'm still showing provisional BW28 (which if it stays that way I'm reasonably happy with given other's horror stories). However, he said that it was a good job we ordered when we did as orders he's placed after mine are showing BW37 and beyond - that's a September build  :shocked:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #802 on: 04 June 2013, 12:43 »
Went into my dealer yesterday to test drive their demo (I'll write up a review later on when I get a mo). Latest update with regards to BW is 28 much like yourself. So in the space of a few weeks its gone from 37 to 27 to 25 back up to 28????

What he did point out was that although the car may only take a day or so to be built it may take upto four weeks before being shipped. Apparently these car container ships can hold upto 30k plus cars & only set sail when full. So it could be sat waiting on the docks for god knows how long? All he knows is that's its now going to be August delivery.... :whistle: that's not a problem I've waited so long already, I'm passed caring...
« Last Edit: 04 June 2013, 13:02 by Gung-Ho »
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #803 on: 04 June 2013, 12:59 »
Went into my dealer yesterday to test drive their demo (I'll write up a review later on when I get a mo). Latest update with regards to BW is 28 much like yourself. So in the space of a few weeks its gone from 37 to 27 to 25 back up to 28????

What he did point out was that although the car may only take a day or so to be built it may take upto four weeks before being shipped. Apparently this car container ships can hold upto 30k plus cars & only set sail when full. So it could be sat waiting on the docks for god knows how long? All he knows is that's its now going to be August delivery.... :whistle: that's not a problem I've waited so long already, I'm passed caring...

Yep, my car was built on Wk20, over 2 weeks ago and is awaiting shipment. The dealer isn't expecting to see it for at least another week.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #804 on: 04 June 2013, 13:04 »

What he did point out was that although the car may only take a day or so to be built it may take upto four weeks before being shipped. Apparently this car container ships can hold upto 30k plus cars & only set sail when full. So it could be sat waiting on the docks for god knows how long? All he knows is that's its now going to be August delivery.... :whistle: that's not a problem I've waited so long already, I'm passed caring...

My BW has swung around just like yours.  Your point regarding delivery is spot on, I always work to 4 weeks (including the build week) if you're lucky, usually its 5 weeks.  So for me and you on BW28 that's the first week of August at best to take delivery.  Which is annoying as I want it yesterday but at the same time it will be a month earlier than my mk 6 took (ordered same time in April 2009) - so although VW seem to have royally f7cked up the mk7 launch they're actually doing a month better than the previous model....so should be applauded??  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #805 on: 04 June 2013, 13:21 »
Going from week 25 (probably) to 26 and then 27 (27, if I get tracker status change this week, seeing as it is BW23). Was a little annoying but then I realise that i'm currently in a cracking car and that's not a bad position to be in for this wait. Something happened with the Roc yesterday, it was running way better than normal - felt like it had an extra 20PS, far more responsive than normal and economy was through the roof too. Caned it on my 12 mile commute home and still got 55mpg for the trip. If only it ran like that every day - the weather was really nice yesterday, nothing else changed with the car or driving conditions.
« Last Edit: 04 June 2013, 13:38 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #806 on: 04 June 2013, 13:26 »
It seems that there is quite a few of us now around the estimated bw of 27/28 so hopefully fingers crossed we will all be taking delivery of our shiny new cars end of July/beginning of August  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #807 on: 04 June 2013, 14:03 »
It seems that there is quite a few of us now around the estimated bw of 27/28 so hopefully fingers crossed we will all be taking delivery of our shiny new cars end of July/beginning of August  :smiley: :smiley:

The only silver lining I can glean from this is, if mine stays at delivery in September/October, at least I'll still have something to look forward to while you guys put miles on your cars!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #808 on: 04 June 2013, 14:36 »
that's a September build  :shocked:

Yes, thanks for reminding me. :angry:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #809 on: 04 June 2013, 14:41 »
that's a September build  :shocked:

Yes, thanks for reminding me. :angry:

:grin: Sorry Bear!
Audi RS5 2018