Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 317951 times)

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #780 on: 03 June 2013, 14:11 »

Well, I'm back to week 28 according to my dealer this morning.... even after a change of colour last week when it went back to 34!  So fingers crossed.....  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #781 on: 03 June 2013, 15:13 »
I really don't understand what's going on at VW. Just got a callback from them. Still provisional 28, brought forward from BW39 (wtf first time I've heard this  :shocked:)

Now the interesting part - factory shut down is from BW29 - so there's f7ck all chance of me getting my car soon, as even if its been built on the Monday of BW28, it'll sit in the factory for at least 2 weeks after that.

Additionally, the chap tells me no BWs are confirmed for the GTI as its official launch isn't until June 18th. I thought it was June 1st?!

All in all, I'm pretty confused/hacked off with VW at the moment.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #782 on: 03 June 2013, 15:28 »

Oh bugger, didnt twig that the shutdown would effect it. Is wk 29 definitely the first week of the shutdown? I was told last week of July and first two of August...? ie Week 31-33. With the first week open after the holiday being 34. So we may still be in luck!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #783 on: 03 June 2013, 15:42 »

Oh bugger, didnt twig that the shutdown would effect it. Is wk 29 definitely the first week of the shutdown? I was told last week of July and first two of August...? ie Week 31-33. With the first week open after the holiday being 34. So we may still be in luck!

I would expect shutdown won't affect a finished car. If it is finished and left the factory gates before they shut down then it will get transported normally. Shutdown is just for the factory - get the lines cleared so you can get at the equipment and services (compressed air lines for the airgun tooling, electricity, any piped fluids etc) for routine annual preventative maintenance, line modifications etc.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #784 on: 03 June 2013, 15:48 »
Oh no not again.  Why can't we get the same answer from everyone in VW instead of each time getting a conflicting response??

If they can't even agree on when the shut down is what hope do we have of getting reliable information on build and delivery? haha, I'm off to top myself.  No wait, scratch that, I'm off to email my dealer for an update.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #785 on: 03 June 2013, 16:35 »
Ok I asked my dealer if I was first order with them.  They didn't answer exactly but here I what I got back:

The GTI/ GTD was orderable if I remember rightly as of the end of March, so yours was ordered within the first month when we had factory slots, hence why it has a scheduled week. People who place their orders now are experiencing even further delays as we currently have no factory allocation.

I've replied asking specifically if this implies that an order placed now with a dealer who has not yet had any orders would be able to get an earlier build slot.

Offline Berelli

• Not said much yet
« Reply #786 on: 03 June 2013, 16:44 »

Hang on, mines due for BW33, while they are on holiday. Who is going to build it, two week temporay staff? The steering wheel will be upside down etc........oh no!!
Mk7 GTI, Pure White, 5 Door, Manual, ACC - Collected and enjoying it.

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #787 on: 03 June 2013, 16:52 »

As Bear said, does no one at VW know or tell the truth about what is actually happening with the GTI orders!!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #788 on: 03 June 2013, 22:43 »

I got an email from my dealer confirming build week 25!

He said I could potentially have it by mid-July. Here's hoping.

Fairly basic spec - Three door, CSG, PP and Discover Nav.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #789 on: 03 June 2013, 22:54 »

I got an email from my dealer confirming build week 25!

He said I could potentially have it by mid-July. Here's hoping.

Fairly basic spec - Three door, CSG, PP and Discover Nav.

When did you place your order Joe?