Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316761 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #720 on: 31 May 2013, 09:06 »
according to VW customer services you're better off ringing your dealership as they can then contact VW sales where the general public can't.

That's balls, everytime I've called VW customer support they've had to go off and talk to sales themselves.  If you call your dealer you know as well as I do they won't follow it up as its not a priority to them (ok, I'm generalising but most are like this).

The best place for contact is twitter, then they'll ask you to email their twitter team.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #721 on: 31 May 2013, 09:08 »
according to VW customer services you're better off ringing your dealership as they can then contact VW sales where the general public can't.

When I rang VW customer services they put me on hold while they spoke to VW sales, the day before Mick rang me up with a slightly different story about my dad's build week.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #722 on: 31 May 2013, 09:09 »
Between them the truth must be out there somewhere.  :tongue:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #723 on: 31 May 2013, 09:13 »
I wonder if they'd do something if people threatened to cancel every order they had!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #724 on: 31 May 2013, 09:24 »
I wonder if they'd do something if people threatened to cancel every order they had!

They can sell all of these cars at the drop of a hat and they know it, unfortunately. It will be interesting to see if they are prepared to do a deal for me with my dad's DSG GTD if it is actually DBP (and therefore unsuitable for my dad) and it is too late to change now it has gone into scheduled build date allocation. If they (VW UK) are unwilling to do a deal on it (let me have it for my manual price) to preserve the sale and are prepared to let it go to general stock then that says to me they're confident they'll get all their money for it.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #725 on: 31 May 2013, 09:46 »

That's balls, everytime I've called VW customer support they've had to go off and talk to sales themselves.  If you call your dealer you know as well as I do they won't follow it up as its not a priority to them (ok, I'm generalising but most are like this).

The best place for contact is twitter, then they'll ask you to email their twitter team.

This.  For whatever reason information from the dealers is super unreliable it seems.  Responses range from giving estimated BWs from 24-43 with no explanation why there is a difference, stating you can't have a BW, that no GTD is to be built before 32, that they have no idea why delays, that its the sunroof, no its the DSG, you'll get them July, no August, no October if you are lucky... etcetera and so on and so forth.

Not saying the twitter method is better so far, but it does seem a lot more consistent.  Also they are an actual customer service team, whereas the dealers are essentially just a sales team who have already made a sale... its a lot more work for them to start investigating these issues.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #726 on: 31 May 2013, 09:53 »
whereas the dealers are essentially just a sales team who have already made a sale... its a lot more work for them to start investigating these issues.

This is a great point.  The dealers, in the main, don't give a t0ss as its irrelevant to them when your car turns up as they've done their bit.  Not all of them granted, but most.

As an aside, I've seen 3 dealers over the last few months - my one knew about the car, and had the knowledge I did - which is what you want.  The other two were pathetic, I knew much more than them.  So, the point being why bother going through someone who doesn't even know the details about the car they are selling - if they can't get that right then they won't be any good at aftersales either.
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #727 on: 31 May 2013, 10:00 »
whereas the dealers are essentially just a sales team who have already made a sale... its a lot more work for them to start investigating these issues.

This is a great point.  The dealers, in the main, don't give a t0ss as its irrelevant to them when your car turns up as they've done their bit.  Not all of them granted, but most.

As an aside, I've seen 3 dealers over the last few months - my one knew about the car, and had the knowledge I did - which is what you want.  The other two were pathetic, I knew much more than them.  So, the point being why bother going through someone who doesn't even know the details about the car they are selling - if they can't get that right then they won't be any good at aftersales either.

Even if they are the best dealer and really want to help you I think it is unlikely they have cultivated the same contacts at VW as the service team have, they won't be having meetings, they won't have the same strength because they'll only be enquiring about a single car instead of representing the entire customer base, they may not even have the time because their bosses will want them on that forecourt not sitting in the office on the phone to Wolfsburg all day about an order they've already secured (or think they have).

I also agree that they often know a LOT less then we do about the GTI/GTD.  I suspect that is because we spend a lot of time finding out details about everything.  They need to sell cars.  They might sell one GTI (without effort because of the badge), but to make money they need to shift X many Polos and Y many Golfs a month.  Those are the cars they will be spending their time knowing inside out.

Well, that's my guess.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #728 on: 31 May 2013, 10:12 »
I agree to an extent.  However, I still think if you are selling a £30k car you should know as much as you can about it.  My dealer had been on forums etc and was clued up.  The other two were so p!ss poor I can't explain to you how shocked I was.  Maybe they do assume that a GTI/GTD buyer will have done his research like you say, so they don't have to.  But that's not how I would sell a car - if I hadn't ordered all ready I would not have ordered from them.  It was a much more enjoyable process ordering the car while discussing the options with someone who knew what he was talking about.
Audi RS5 2018

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #729 on: 31 May 2013, 10:17 »
WOW

Just had a call from my dealer who tells me my GTD has been allocated build week 33.

Thats Mid august, so I'll be lucky if I get it by end of september.

Gonna wait and see what the website tells me to see if they have been told duf info yet again.

Not a happy bunny!!!

Hi Guys,

I sent an email to my dealer on Friday requesting an update on delivery.

Anyway, having being orginally given a week 33 build, I am now told it has been brought forward to week 27, however they stressed it cannot be confirmed until probably week 22. Roll on the next two weeks !!!

I hope for once that this is right and all orders have been moved forward now VW have pulled themselves together.

Just had an email from my dealer who tells me my gtd is now confirmed for a week 26 build !!!
Not too sure if its on the tracker yet, but very much doubt

hmmm

VW online tracker has this morning changed to build week confirmed !!!

I will post a screen image of this when I have learned how to do so
« Last Edit: 31 May 2013, 10:36 by rick2b »
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless