Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316576 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #110 on: 01 May 2013, 12:20 »
WOW

Just had a call from my dealer who tells me my GTD has been allocated build week 33.

Thats Mid august, so I'll be lucky if I get it by end of september.

Gonna wait and see what the website tells me to see if they have been told duf info yet again.

Not a happy bunny!!!

You're the first person here to get a build date. Were you the first allocated order of your dealership? If so then it would imply that no-one else will get one any earlier. If mine is available June/July i'm having it, if it's available in Aug I would want to hang on for the new plate.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #111 on: 01 May 2013, 12:40 »
Just out of interest, what date did you order your GTD?

That is outrageous, I'm afraid your dealer needs a rocket up his a$$ - week 33 is ridiculous, its not a ferrari!!  :shocked:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #112 on: 01 May 2013, 13:10 »
I ordered my gtd on 3rd april, a week after orders opened.

All the sales reps were not very familiar with the specs etc and that it was even available to order, so I assume I was one of the first few to order in gti/gtd spec.

Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #113 on: 01 May 2013, 13:28 »
If you were one of the first to order, I'm staggered by this build week.  Only two explanations therefore - either your dealer wasn't allocated a GTD till then (is it a small dealership as this would make sense, although not having a slot for 10 weeks isn't acceptable and they should have told you this) OR your dealer is a numpty and it should be week 23 not 33.  I cannot believe its week 33, it has to be a mistake given your ordered that early - I'll be very interested to know what comes up on your order tracker.

Thought of a 3rd option - it actually is week 33 and we are witnessing the start of yet another complete f7ck up by VW a la the Mk 6.

:sad:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #114 on: 01 May 2013, 13:37 »
If you were one of the first to order, I'm staggered by this build week.  Only two explanations therefore - either your dealer wasn't allocated a GTD till then (is it a small dealership as this would make sense, although not having a slot for 10 weeks isn't acceptable and they should have told you this) OR your dealer is a numpty and it should be week 23 not 33.  I cannot believe its week 33, it has to be a mistake given your ordered that early - I'll be very interested to know what comes up on your order tracker.

Thought of a 3rd option - it actually is week 33 and we are witnessing the start of yet another complete f7ck up by VW a la the Mk 6.

:sad:

Cheers,

Just what I have been thinking too. I wait with baited breath to see what the VW online tracker comes up with.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #115 on: 01 May 2013, 13:42 »
Just to add some perspective, and to stop Rick topping himself, when I ordered my Scirocco back in summer 2009, it took over 5 months to arrive!

However, at that time the Scirocco was in short supply and demand was immense.

Needless to say it was a terrible wait :whistle:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #116 on: 01 May 2013, 13:50 »
Just to add some perspective, and to stop Rick topping himself, when I ordered my Scirocco back in summer 2009, it took over 5 months to arrive!

However, at that time the Scirocco was in short supply and demand was immense.

Needless to say it was a terrible wait :whistle:

How on earth does that make poor Rick feel any better?

:tongue:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #117 on: 01 May 2013, 13:54 »
Firstly its a Bank Holiday in Germany today, so I wouldn't think the factory would update it today, but could be wrong.

Secondly, I thought the GTD launch date was later in the year, GTi June and GTD July or August? Meaning they may not start making GTD's till later?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #118 on: 01 May 2013, 13:59 »
Firstly its a Bank Holiday in Germany today, so I wouldn't think the factory would update it today, but could be wrong.

Secondly, I thought the GTD launch date was later in the year, GTi June and GTD July or August? Meaning they may not start making GTD's till later?

Dave

I did not know this, I (wrongly) assumed the GTD was also being launched in June.  In that case Rick you will one of the first to get one, happy days!!  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #119 on: 01 May 2013, 14:12 »
I am not too overly fussed when it actually arrives to be frank, although having it tomorrow rather than in 6 months would be good. However I should have known this a month ago when I ordered

I may have made the mistake in not actually asking if they had an allocation etc, however if they tell me its going to be an early august delivery at the latest then I expect this to be the case.

Anyway, a couple of different vw dealers have told me that they all work on a 16 week delivery at the most to cover themselves. If they do not meet this vw will provide you with a replacement vehicle in the meantime. Can any of you guys tell me whether this is more bull or not ????