Author Topic: Roy Orbison for my down arrow button on the steering wheel  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Das Auto

• GTI forum regular
does anybody know how to get behind into the mashings of the buttons on the steering wheel. On the left hand side my down arrow button is no longor springy when I press it and it does f all when I do know so it's obviously deceased. Any help much apreciated

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
No but would your warranty not sort that?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Das Auto

• GTI forum regular
I hope so it's in for it's first service tomorrow do u think it would be a cse of replacing the whole steering wheel ?

Offline p3eps

• I live here
I hope so it's in for it's first service tomorrow do u think it would be a cse of replacing the whole steering wheel ?

The buttons will be on some type of PCB inside the steering wheel I would imagine... so I'd guess they'd just need to change the PCB inside.
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline MikeT

• GTI forum regular
  • I don't need no stinkin clutch pedal...

The buttons will be on some type of PCB inside the steering wheel I would imagine... so I'd guess they'd just need to change the PCB inside.

True.. Although looking at the time / effort / cost kind of thing I reckon they'd just swap the steering wheel - that being said - I guess it depends which parts they have in stock, or can get hold of soonest anyway.

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
They will just replace the button panel which can be bought has a full unit with both left and right buttons.

Darren