Author Topic: Quoted £275 for minor service.  (Read 3651 times)

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
Re: Quoted £275 for minor service.
« Reply #20 on: 07 April 2021, 16:38 »
Thanks chaps.

Dealer has just rung back.

They will honour the £184 and chase up wether or not the GTi should be on the exclusion list!

So thats £90 saved.

Is that £90 towards the 570?! Surprised you worried about £90 bill for VW what’s service cost for the other? Lol
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline urtoinpo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 07 April 2021, 17:53 »
My Golf had only completed 4K miles on it's first birthday late last year - but of course a service was required nonetheless.

I chose a nearby VAG indie, who did the work using genuine parts and logged the fact onto VW UK's service system for
a total of £136 - or around £50 less than the local dealer wanted for the same job.
2019 Golf '150' EVO Variant/Estate/Wagon (manual)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 07 April 2021, 18:49 »
It’s always worth considering getting a service plan if buying a new VW. I got one when I bought my car last year. The cost was £200 and covers the first two services (one minor, one major) on the time and distance service regime.

The price of the service plan has increased since I got mine - it’s now £269. but still looks good value compared to VW fixed price servicing prices (minor £184, major £354, total £538) which I know are for cars 3 years old or older, but I doubt those prices would be too much different for newer cars.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #23 on: 07 April 2021, 20:26 »
It's definitely worth paying for the service plan for any new vw.

Curiously it seems other oem's don't offer anything like that value for prepaid services.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline urtoinpo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 07 April 2021, 20:40 »
I was offered the new car 3 Year Service Plan for VW's standard set price of £496, which I had no problem in declining.

TBH it would have to have been half that price for me to be tempted, given that only 2 'official' services are required before the car's 3rd birthday/end of warranty period. I'll check with VW just before then about any service bulletins/updates due, get those sorted if needed and from then on it'll be myself and the VAG indie doing the servicing alternately.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 07 April 2021, 20:46 »
That's curious, I think mine the other week was just over two hundred quid. My previous 17 plate was slightly lower.

No brainer really.

This time they even offered me twelve monthly installments at zero percent too.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline urtoinpo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 07 April 2021, 20:59 »
Possibly the supplying dealer sales guy was trying to claw-back some profit, given that the car was heavily discounted and he seemed less than impressed when I later stated that no form of credit would be required.
Nor did I offer them my potential trade-in, or want any of the other option packages on the new car. He tried to claim the Service Plan was a good deal, but my withering look must have shown it was a non-starter...

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 07 April 2021, 21:26 »
I was offered the new car 3 Year Service Plan for VW's standard set price of £496, which I had no problem in declining.

TBH it would have to have been half that price for me to be tempted, given that only 2 'official' services are required before the car's 3rd birthday/end of warranty period. I'll check with VW just before then about any service bulletins/updates due, get those sorted if needed and from then on it'll be myself and the VAG indie doing the servicing alternately.

AFAIK the official VW service plans are only two year plans covering one minor and one major service. There used to be a three year official plan, but VW stopped offering that some years ago. Maybe the 3 year service plan you were offered was the dealer’s own version, or maybe it was a servicing + maintenance plan?

VW do have a service plan for cars over a year old or under a year old and have had its first service. That plan is considerably more expensive; £495 for a minor and major service, so only slightly cheaper than the £538 cost of those two services if you ‘pay as you go’.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Ooosh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 07 April 2021, 21:51 »

Is that £90 towards the 570?! Surprised you worried about £90 bill for VW what’s service cost for the other? Lol

For the sake of a phone call I’d rather save £90.

Yep the McLaren will be about £1000 for a service.
And the warranty £3000/year now the car is 3 years old. Not sure wether to extend that or not!
CSS + McLaren 570S + Saxdor 200 + Christen Eagle

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 07 April 2021, 22:13 »
Need the ninety quid to go towards that!