Author Topic: Been away a while but heading back!!  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Been away a while but heading back!!
« Reply #10 on: 06 April 2019, 21:37 »
Interesting your chopping in a S5 for the GTI.  I'm a long term lurker here myself, had a mk5 back in the day, then an S3 (boring), then a couple of S4 avants.  We've also got a GTD on the drive.  The S4 is a year away from getting changed and I'm seriously considering a GTI to replace it. 

Hope the wait isn't too painful!

A B9 S4 is on my list of possibilities for next year..
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline GTI_for_her!

• Not said much yet
Re: Been away a while but heading back!!
« Reply #11 on: 03 May 2019, 21:21 »
Well, either VW are still shovelling out Mk 7 Golfs are I've been standing in the wrong queue.... :cry:

I was given Wk18 as a built week but without any update on My Volkswagen I thought I'd email the dealer to confirm it was due to be built and to be honest, hoped it may have come forward and be on its way.
The reply was ' Apologies but its been put back to Wk24'.
Its just a Golf and they don't even have WLTP as an excuse now!!

Thankfully I gave it a day before replying, just to say I'm obviously not happy but will have to live with it and be patient. Slightly different from my initial thoughts.
In the last week I've been looking a pre-registered Up GTI's and Fiesta ST's as possible fun replacements instead of waiting for the GTI but sanity has returned and I'll wait until the start of July now.

Mine was ordered in Wk5 (end of January) and shown as 'with the factory' within a week. I do also see that TCR's are appearing and I don't think that could be ordered until the end of February.

So, has anyone else had their built week knocked back?    and thanks for reading my moan.....

BW50, Mk7 Gti, Tornado red, 5dr, manual, Adaptive chassis control, winter pack.