Author Topic: Change Club Sport for TCR?  (Read 6961 times)

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
Change Club Sport for TCR?
« on: 30 March 2019, 13:48 »
So looking for some opinions
I’ve a 2017 clubsport ( without buckets ) which is mint and I love it but I’ve an option on a pure Grey TCR with black roof and with the pan roof , pro nav , keyless and that pack that has the 19” reifnitz Matt black wheels , and also that blind spot monitoring thing and tinted windows , camera etc
The car itself is 5k euro more than the clubsport was so a bit of an increase for not s lot really but I’m still tempted but not sure if it’s worth it
Any opinions are welcome
Cheers
2014 Mk 7 GTI 5 door , Discover Pro , Pan Roof , DSG , ACC, Xenons , Parking  Sensors  , Rear Tints, KESSY.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Re: Change Club Sport for TCR?
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2019, 13:54 »
No chance, I wouldn't even consider it.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2019, 13:56 »
So looking for some opinions
I’ve a 2017 clubsport ( without buckets ) which is mint and I love it but I’ve an option on a pure Grey TCR with black roof and with the pan roof , pro nav , keyless and that pack that has the 19” reifnitz Matt black wheels , and also that blind spot monitoring thing and tinted windows , camera etc
The car itself is 5k euro more than the clubsport was so a bit of an increase for not s lot really but I’m still tempted but not sure if it’s worth it
Any opinions are welcome
Cheers

Is the 5k euro the difference in new prices or what you’d now have to pay to switch?

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2019, 13:57 »
Never thought I would say this, but bearing in mind the two specs, I would get the TCR.

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2019, 14:08 »
No chance, I wouldn't even consider it.

Same. Haven’t even bothered to cost one up. Would wait for the rush to end if I were interested too.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2019, 14:12 by wantmygti »
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2019, 15:04 »
The 5k difference is the new price difference between club sport and TCR
The actual cost to change is 53k euro new TCR , trade in of clubsport 31k euro so 22k euro - so club sport has depreciated by 17k euro in 2.5 years
2014 Mk 7 GTI 5 door , Discover Pro , Pan Roof , DSG , ACC, Xenons , Parking  Sensors  , Rear Tints, KESSY.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2019, 16:10 »
53k Euros?!! It’s not April 1st till Monday!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2019, 16:28 »
I take it the OP is in Ireland...

Yep, a TCR with a couple of options ticked is north of 50k here!

I think you’d be crazy. 17 grand depreciation in 2 years. You’ve suffered the worst of the depreciation curve and you’re actually tempted to do it again. Keep the CS another year and you’ll still be getting offered near 30k for it - i.e. you’ve taken the worst of the hit already.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2019, 16:51 »
Clubsport prices look pretty solid now. I found a nice one for £27k but got a year left on my lease or I’d be tempted. TCR will drop. OP would have to be crackers (or completely loaded!) to swap now.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2019, 17:25 »
OP, sorry, I can't think in Euros, €22k is around £19k, I think about it like this, for the price difference you could get a 2.5 year old GTI with 20k miles, not that you would, but you need to be rich or mad to swap a year old car for a new one basically the same for that cost. But I'm not you and know nothing of your circumstances so that amount of money might mean nothing but I definitely wouldn't do it. Plus, longer term I would think the CS would hold it's money better (disclaimer, I'm rubbish at investing so are likely to be wrong :whistle:).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.