Author Topic: Anyone got a Remus exhaust system?  (Read 3466 times)

Offline daveybrown1991

• Not said much yet
Anyone got a Remus exhaust system?
« on: 21 March 2019, 15:08 »
I think I've decided on Remus for a cat back exhaust system....
Anyone who has got one, could you tell me what set up you went for, with regards to silenced/unsilenced mid and or rear section and how loud it is....

Thanks

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: Anyone got a Remus exhaust system?
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2019, 08:45 »
I have the Axle back quad, didn't want too loud as I go to work at 5am and no drone. Had them on my bikes before and they can be very loud. Under normal driving the only difference is it is much deeper than stock but no volume increase unlike my mated Miltek that sounds tinny in comparison. When you put your foot down it gets much louder but not Chavy loud and the DSG farts are now a distinctive crackle and bang.

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2019, 13:14 »
Anyone who has got one, could you tell me what set up you went for, with regards to silenced/unsilenced mid and or rear section and how loud it is....

Thanks

Hi

I purchased the full Remus cat back system including the front silencer #955213 0300 for my mk7.5 GTI last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IcVwpxNvAk

Build quality and ease of fitment are fantastic!

After 3 months I swapped out the front silencer for the un-silenced section #955213 1000 which made a nice subtle difference, I've still got it fitted but have considered putting the silencer back on a few times now but will probably only do this if I go stage 2 with the Remus downpipe and 200 cell sports cats.

MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2019, 13:40 »
I have the Axle back quad, didn't want too loud as I go to work at 5am and no drone. Had them on my bikes before and they can be very loud. Under normal driving the only difference is it is much deeper than stock but no volume increase unlike my mated Miltek that sounds tinny in comparison. When you put your foot down it gets much louder but not Chavy loud and the DSG farts are now a distinctive crackle and bang.

That looks bloody awesome!  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2019, 23:19 »

Thanks

Hi

I purchased the full Remus cat back system including the front silencer #955213 0300 for my mk7.5 GTI last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IcVwpxNvAk

Build quality and ease of fitment are fantastic!

After 3 months I swapped out the front silencer for the un-silenced section #955213 1000 which made a nice subtle difference, I've still got it fitted but have considered putting the silencer back on a few times now but will probably only do this if I go stage 2 with the Remus downpipe and 200 cell sports cats.

That sounds good
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 01 February 2020, 19:01 »
Just a heads up for anyone with a Remus system, I've listed my straight pipe middle section in the classifieds. Used briefly but decided to stay with the middle silencer in place.

Details here if anyone is interested: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=286142.0

Offline wrighty79

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 05 February 2020, 01:08 »

That looks bloody awesome!  :cool:
twin pipe setup looks ace, was there a fair bit of work involved to get it to sit correctly with rear splitter and diffuser?

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2020, 18:43 »
I have had Remus on all my motorbikes because the fit is always perfect.

They guy that fitted it for me didn't have to fiddle with anything it bolted straight on and the gaps to the refuser were perfect.

Had it MOT'd yesterday and could hear the rumble when he took it into the workshop, I love the exhaust and would get another on my next car when the time comes.

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2020, 09:56 »
I had a remus catback fitted yesterday.  :smiley: Lovely piece of kit. Sounds lovely aswell. I had the non res version with the back box.  gives really nice crisp note and seems really well made. Better than some of the other systems ive seen.
Mk7 GTI Edition 40 Clubsport no. 53