Author Topic: GTI Performance or Cupra  (Read 13840 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Performance or Cupra
« Reply #50 on: 03 April 2019, 20:04 »
Happy to put some pics up if someone wants to give me a few pointers how? Stretched it's legs a bit today, definitely quite brisk :wink: but I'm still learning the intricacies of the DSG. I'm surprised how good it is for comfort, easily as good as the Golf but my Golf didn't have DCC

https://postimages.org/
This is a free and easy to use website for uploading direct to the forum.

The more professional photographers on here favour Flickr.com but it’s best used in full desktop version.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 04 April 2019, 15:32 »
:cool:

MK7 GTi

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 28 April 2019, 21:45 »
I just got a cupra 290 for my daily and it’s mint. Had to travel to get he car but was worth it as it’s super low miles and was immaculate condition

Surprising how different it feels to a GTI. The wife’s GTI 7.5 is a better every day car and a nicer place to be but the cupra is definitely more fun

So far I’ve fitted the audi jack pads, golf GTE undertrays, black seat badges, VAGSport resonator delete, golf mist washer jets, Racingline panel fileter and turbo elbow, clutch delay valve delete and got the OEM side skirts painted and ready to fit. Also have Racingline springs ready to go on.

The cars been polished and sealed and wheels sealed etc and underneath cleaned etc.

I’m going to fit clubsport S discs and pads and maybe look at a Rieger splitter and diffuser cos the front and back are missing something. I’ll also fit PS4 tyres when they’re due thought the OEM continentals are a damn sight better than the Pirelli’s in the wife’s GTI

find e85 gas station near me
« Last Edit: 28 April 2019, 21:50 by mkviken »
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 29 April 2019, 13:22 »
How do the Seat headlights compare to the VW ones? I notice that the Leon doesn't have washers, which suggests their output is below the 2000 lumens, above which they are required.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 29 April 2019, 15:06 »
Not messing around with getting some mods done!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 29 April 2019, 15:19 »
How do the Seat headlights compare to the VW ones? I notice that the Leon doesn't have washers, which suggests their output is below the 2000 lumens, above which they are required.

The headlights on out 7.5 GTI are excellent but Can’t say I notice the Leon ones being a problem they’re pretty good

Not messing around with getting some mods done!  :grin:

Yeah I like the OEM mods. Might put a clubsport S rear sway bar on too

Just fitted the side skirts today

Springs tomorrow maybe... was a shame to take it off the stands!

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 29 April 2019, 15:31 »
Looks well, I like the wheels. Although a PITA to clean I imagine!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 29 April 2019, 15:46 »
Yeah they are a bit!

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #58 on: 30 April 2019, 06:13 »
Cupra looks great, love those skirts  :cool:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 30 April 2019, 07:52 »
@mkviken; the Curpa looks good - I’ve always been a fan of the current Leon’s styling.

Keep a close watch on the white trim on the seat bolsters - quite a few owners over on seatcupra.net have had issues with this trim cracking and splitting, and Seat seem to apply a very inconsistent approach to repairing or replacing the damaged seat covers. Link to thread over on seatcupra.net;

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/cupra-290be-bucket-seat-white-trim-cracked.439396/page-2
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl