Author Topic: Lost service history book  (Read 1161 times)

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
Lost service history book
« on: 17 December 2018, 08:43 »
Will vw replace a service book which has been lost?? I’ve had the car since new & had it serviced at the same dealers, I’m hoping they’ll replace & stamp the book or at the very least re-print the invoices for me.

Trading car in this week & cant believe I can’t find the book.
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Still pining for:2009 BMW 330i M Sport Convertible

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
Re: Lost service history book
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2018, 10:57 »
The Dealer lost mine for my Touran when he had it for a service, they gave me a duplicate, but only recorded the service they had just carried out, said as it was all recorded electronically there was no need for a book. That's OK if you have it serviced at a dealer, but the Touran was serviced all over the place before I got it.

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2018, 11:01 »
The Dealer lost mine for my Touran when he had it for a service, they gave me a duplicate, but only recorded the service they had just carried out, said as it was all recorded electronically there was no need for a book. That's OK if you have it serviced at a dealer, but the Touran was serviced all over the place before I got it.

Thanks, did they have a replacement service book available the same day??

My local dealer has done 3 services on mine so hopefully they’ll stamp it up if they still do the replacements
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2018, 19:53 »
Got a service book at the dealer, £14, got it all stamped up & all service invoices printed off, feel relieved as I’m trading in tomorrow.

Offline robtt

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf Gti pp dsg
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2018, 17:45 »
I like the Mazda system. No service book all done electronically and on your Mazda app. You can print it off if you want.