Author Topic: Sevilla Alloy Wheels on GTI with Winter Tyres, replacing 19inch Santiago  (Read 5737 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
A wheel refurber could remove the red stripe if you really wanted to. About £120 a wheel and you can have them finished with whatever finish you want.

I rather like those wheels, even the red stripe.
I also like those wheels, red stripe and all :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
I have just bought these, and put on Bridgestone A005, All season tyres.

https://cmwheels.com/product/18-vw-golf-r-pretoria-style-wheels-hyper-silver-vw-audi-5x112/

They look great and a good price.

Do they come with TÜV certification ?

They come with JWL and VIA certification, not sure about TUV.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
A wheel refurber could remove the red stripe if you really wanted to. About £120 a wheel and you can have them finished with whatever finish you want.

I also like those wheels, red stripe and all :smiley:

Personally, I think those Seville (with an e!!) wheels in that colour look  :sick:

I actually like them on the GTD but they look overcomplicated in graphite and the red stripe makes them look like a cheap set of boy racer rims!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular

I've ordered these wheels on a new Issac Blue car which i am waiting for.  Hopefully they will look OK as they are bit Love/Hate but i must admit to having some concerns whether they will look the part.  Anyone else out there with these on an Issac blue 5 door GTIP   

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
I’m not convinced they’re going to look nice on a dark car, but you never know.
'18 245PP DSG

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker

I've ordered these wheels on a new Issac Blue car which i am waiting for.  Hopefully they will look OK as they are bit Love/Hate but i must admit to having some concerns whether they will look the part.  Anyone else out there with these on an Issac blue 5 door GTIP

I think they will look great TBH. You've already got GTI red highlights elsewhere, I think these will set it off nicely.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
I've got the anthracite Sevilles, I didn't pick them, the ex-demo car was otherwise what I wanted so I let them slide.

I'd like them more if I could work out if the red stripe can be removed??

Don't take the red stripe off, they'll look even worse! (Sorry).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Scirocco alloys are mostly powder coated designs and fit the mk7 well, they’re quite cheap and would be ideal for winter wheels.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GTI2016

• Not said much yet
Thank you for all the suggestions here.

I ended up getting the standard 18inch 7.5 GTi alloys.

The price for 4 x 19 inch winter tyres = 4 x 18 inch alloys (albeit second hand) & associated 4 x winter tyres... No contest really.

Offline GTI2016

• Not said much yet
I swapped the 19s for the 18s with winter tyres today. I phoned the insurers, Admiral, to let them know I'd swapped them over and guess what. They wanted to charge me a £19.50 charge for an alteration to the policy.

I tried to explain that this change was making the car safer during winter. Computer said no.

Incredible.