Author Topic: Tax increase after wltp???  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: Tax increase after wltp???
« Reply #10 on: 12 December 2018, 08:08 »
I suspect VW are underwriting the dealers - they have guaranteed the agreed trade in value on my car due to the WLTP delays. The whole debacle must have cost them millions
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 12 December 2018, 09:37 »
I suspect VW are underwriting the dealers - they have guaranteed the agreed trade in value on my car due to the WLTP delays. The whole debacle must have cost them millions

Your lucky my dealer told me right off the bat the lead time and the  trade in would be when I took the car. I've not had any delays though I suppose and could possibly be getting it earlier than expected. I was told a march delivery

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 12 December 2018, 10:24 »

Your lucky my dealer told me right off the bat the lead time and the  trade in would be when I took the car. I've not had any delays though I suppose and could possibly be getting it earlier than expected. I was told a march delivery

My trade-in value has been guaranteed as well because of the WLTP delays being no fault of my own. When did you order? I ordered in July with expected October delivery but I wonder if they stopped guaranteeing trade-in values around September onward when they realised how bad they messed up and the length of the delays
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 12 December 2018, 11:16 »
Yeah my order was Sept 26th So I'm way ahead of time for my car. I've told them if the give me very close to my original trade in I'll take it on a 68 but if not I'll wait for the 19. It's trade in vs depreciation at the minute lol

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 12 December 2018, 11:52 »
Yeah my order was Sept 26th So I'm way ahead of time for my car. I've told them if the give me very close to my original trade in I'll take it on a 68 but if not I'll wait for the 19. It's trade in vs depreciation at the minute lol

I ordered 26/06 but got the guarantee in writing from the dealer on 24/09
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 12 December 2018, 13:00 »

I ordered 26/06 but got the guarantee in writing from the dealer on 24/09

Did they guarantee the original trade in or the value on the 24/09?

Offline ChrisG84

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 12 December 2018, 14:02 »
Ordered on 31/05 haha. Can anyone beat that?!
GTI Performance / 3dr / Tornado Red / Manual / DCC / 18" wheels / Tinted Glass

Offline nat148

• Just got here
« Reply #17 on: 15 December 2018, 22:29 »

27/05  :grin: see you're from Grimsby, mine arrived on Thursday, any joy with yours?
25th Anniversary GTI
6C Polo GTI
Atlantic Blue GTI PP

Offline ChrisG84

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 16 December 2018, 09:26 »

27/05  :grin: see you're from Grimsby, mine arrived on Thursday, any joy with yours?

I've had very little contact with the dealer, just a couple of emails since May. I'm away over Christmas so little chance to pick her up even if she is ready. The app says arrived in UK so I'm anticipating Jan.
GTI Performance / 3dr / Tornado Red / Manual / DCC / 18" wheels / Tinted Glass