Author Topic: Tax increase after wltp???  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
Tax increase after wltp???
« on: 29 November 2018, 15:54 »
If the new emissions test puts the gti performance into the next tax bracket the first year tax will be £515 instead of £205. When I ordered my car in September I signed a document that said I could cancel my order. What do you think the chances of the increase and are you prepared to pay the extra or do you think VW should foot the bill?

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
Re: Tax increase after wltp???
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2018, 16:07 »
The Octavia vRS 245 which is the same engine is WLTP approved and its official figure is 142g/km, the Golf P won't be far off that and will be fine I don't think there is anything to worry about
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2018, 16:16 »
Fingers crossed it's a hefty jump

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2018, 16:35 »
Pre WTLP, I think the 245 model was 144g and the 230 model was 148g, both for DSG. My company car tax was almost the same despite the extra difference in P11d price due to better emissions on the 245 version thanks presumably to the 7 speed box.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2018, 20:38 »
If you've agreed on an on the road price then it won't matter if the first year tax increases, it's the dealer that will have to take the hit on that.

Second year tax is £140 regardless of emissions.
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 29 November 2018, 20:55 »
Be interesting to see how it plays out but like has been said earlier the Skoda with the same engine has come in under the 150 limit. I guess that's why they dropped the standard GTI as that was close to the limit already

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2018, 15:01 »
So it looks like the manual gti p is going to be over the 150g/km tax threshold if the configurator is correct. Who's ordered a manual and what's your thoughts on the potential £505 first year tax?

I've ordered a dsg and that is showing under the 150 threshold but remember signing a document that said I could cancel or amend my order if a tax rise happened.

wigan1609

« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2018, 16:26 »
So it looks like the manual gti p is going to be over the 150g/km tax threshold if the configurator is correct. Who's ordered a manual and what's your thoughts on the potential £505 first year tax?

I've ordered a dsg and that is showing under the 150 threshold but remember signing a document that said I could cancel or amend my order if a tax rise happened.

Manual ordered here, my vehicle order form states first year VED and reg £260, no disclaimer signed relating to any change post-WLTP so will await the dealers stance.

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2018, 16:29 »

Manual ordered here, my vehicle order form states first year VED and reg £260, no disclaimer signed relating to any change post-WLTP so will await the dealers stance.
[/quote]

Fingers crossed for you I've just been looking through my paperwork and I have a copy of the disclaimer. I'd be pushing for them to honour the deal though.

Offline ChrisG84

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2018, 19:54 »
Also ordered a manual and there's no way on this Earth they are increasing the price I pay for that car. Having waited over 26 weeks I think that would be poor service at the least.

And likewise, I've signed a form to pay a set price. This whole thing is really starting to irritate me now.
GTI Performance / 3dr / Tornado Red / Manual / DCC / 18" wheels / Tinted Glass