Author Topic: new product TCU+ Gearbox Flash tool  (Read 4772 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: new product TCU+ Gearbox Flash tool
« Reply #10 on: 21 September 2018, 16:17 »
Yeah try explaining it to the advisor on the other end of the phone. Some of them don't even know what a pedal box is. Basically any excuse to extract more money out of a customer then they'll use it.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CarbonGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 21 September 2018, 16:42 »
No, my broker (and insurer) had never heard of the pedal box either.  With both of these mods I think it is important to stress that they don't impact the power output of the engine AT ALL and that they are simply devices to make the car smoother to drive easily.  Once explained this way my broker and insurer added the pedalbox to my policy with no issues and no increase in policy premium.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 21 September 2018, 18:14 »
I would say that this should be treated exactly like the pedal box, and any other change to standard. It’s a modification to the standard so needs to be declared to your insurer. And as said above some insurers won’t cover pedal boxes despite there being no alteration to standard power.  Some will and it seems to depend on who picks up the phone and you do have to stress that there is NO increase in power output. Once explained. Most standard insurers really don’t know what apedal boxisor does, so you need to really explain it to them and hope the underwriter accepts it. DirectLine covered my pedal but I know of people who have had them refused by the same insurer.  Strangely my insurance actually went down a couple of pounds once the pedal box was added on! 

I’m interested in trying this new TCU+Gearbox box, and am seriously considering it.  I would like to know if it changes the shift points of the DSG in the different modes D and S.  Would it replicate in any way (obviously not custom), a DSG map in that respect?   

If I do get one, then I’d definitely be declaring it and adding it onto the insurance policy.
« Last Edit: 21 September 2018, 18:18 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 25 September 2018, 12:48 »
Some more feedback, this time from a GTI owner...

Excellent service from the DTUK team as always. Paid for the TCU+ yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning.

Simple installation and a brief drive to the airport and wow, super fast and smooth gear changes.

I guess I'm a full package fanboy now as I have the FSR+, Pedalbox and now TCU+ but for a 5 year old non-PP Mk7 Golf GTI it's proper rapid fun 💪🏻
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code