Author Topic: Rear ended by a Chelsea tractor...😫😫😫  (Read 5091 times)

Offline doc house

• Not said much yet
Rear ended by a Chelsea tractor...😫😫😫
« on: 04 August 2018, 18:36 »
Took the car to my local VW dealers on Thursday for first service  and got shunted on the way there by a Chelsea tractor, visually it doesn’t look that bad, the rear bumper is dented and paint scuffed and the black lower spoiler is hanging off I think one of the parking sensors has had a whack as it’s constantly beeping even with nothing behind the car...

Is there any thing else to check over? Vw’s techs said the underside looks ok and it’s driving alright just doesn’t look great.

Not too fussed as the other driver admitted fault and car is going into local vw body shop in a few weeks just want to make sure it’s all safe to drive in the mean time.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Rear ended by a Chelsea tractor...😫😫😫
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2018, 19:00 »
Mine got rear-ended in a more budget conscious way (a 2000 Toyota Corolla). Less damage than yours but the bumper was a write-off. Absolutely fine to drive but your garage are surely the only ones in a position to confirm in your circumstances.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
Re: Rear ended by a Chelsea tractor...😫😫😫
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2018, 12:07 »
Good grief this forum is very educational to this sixties rocker.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/chelsea-tractors-range-rover-really-is-the-most-popular-car-in-kensington-and-chelsea-a3626056.html

Not only urban slang but actually a trueism.