Author Topic: Dedicated Clubsport S track session at GTI International - Rockingham 2/3 June  (Read 951 times)

Offline volkswizard

• Here all the time
I've been asked by the GTI International team to see if there is any demand for a GTI Clubsport S only track session at this years GTI International which takes place at Rockingham 2/3 June.

Obviously these cars are precious but there might be some owners (me included) who are frustrated that only a small part of their magic can be experienced on the public road.  I'm a bit too precious over mine to partake in a normal track day sharing the track with the usual M3 driving loons (there is always one!) but I'd consider taking part in one with other like minded owners. 

Obviously we need a certain number to participate to make it viable, I'd imagine around 20 would be the ideal but this hasn't been discussed as yet.

A display of the cars has been suggested and free entry to the show is a distinct possibility though the track session will be chargeable but from what I recall from last year, it will be pretty good value.

The configuration used will be the National Circuit which doesn't use the oval but has a technical selection of relatively low speed corners that the Clubsport S will be very well suited to.  EVO used this for head to head video of Clubsport S vs Megane Trophy with Steve Sutcliffe

https://youtu.be/EGfUSR6VMOw

Haven't decided on whether it will be both days or just one or the other, demand will decide.

If you are interested and want to reserve your place please reply to this thread.

If you have any suggestions, please fire away.

Please note - at the moment this is just for the Clubsport S, not the Edition 40 (or any other derivative)

Thanks for reading and please spread the word  :nerd: