Author Topic: Your car has been built and has now left the factory  (Read 24069 times)

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: Your car has been built and has now left the factory
« Reply #110 on: 19 April 2018, 11:04 »
Getting nearer......new GTI is now at Grimsby  :)

Better start getting used to the much poorer fuel consumption. Now the warmer weather is here, my GTD has started once more getting some great MPG figures, and last night in my usual 16 miles commute home (busy motorway at approx 65 mph plus 5 miles of 50 mph "A" roads, then a tiny bit of town traffic), it got me 62.4 mpg (with an ambient temperature of 23°C). Can't see the GTI getting anywhere near that, but to be honest, I'd be happy if under the same conditions, the GTI got 40 ish (and delighted at 45 plus), Not sure if that is realistic in a GTI ?

If you drive that same route at a steady pace then you’d be getting 40+ minimum. I’ve managed 50 in my GTI before driving like a granny on a long run.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #111 on: 19 April 2018, 14:03 »
Well car with be at the dealers on Monday, signing for it on Wednesday next week and collecting it on Sunday 29th April.

Getting a little more excited now  ;D
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #112 on: 19 April 2018, 14:17 »
Getting nearer......new GTI is now at Grimsby  :)

Better start getting used to the much poorer fuel consumption. Now the warmer weather is here, my GTD has started once more getting some great MPG figures, and last night in my usual 16 miles commute home (busy motorway at approx 65 mph plus 5 miles of 50 mph "A" roads, then a tiny bit of town traffic), it got me 62.4 mpg (with an ambient temperature of 23°C). Can't see the GTI getting anywhere near that, but to be honest, I'd be happy if under the same conditions, the GTI got 40 ish (and delighted at 45 plus), Not sure if that is realistic in a GTI ?

If you drive that same route at a steady pace then you’d be getting 40+ minimum. I’ve managed 50 in my GTI before driving like a granny on a long run.

Me too, 50mpg on a sloooooow motorway 18 miler. 42 more like it though and 45 sometimes.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #113 on: 19 April 2018, 18:21 »
I got 38mpg this morning on a 6 mile commute with air temp at 15°c. Managed to hit green at every traffic light though  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #114 on: 25 January 2020, 21:51 »
Yay - received this update today - unlikely to be able to collect until March sometime due to VT on my current car - anyone know how I can track which boat (I am just interested!) it will be on and the ongoing length of time it takes to deliver it to dealer
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say