Author Topic: 52 plate Mk4 gti anniversary for sale  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Robknx

• Just got here
52 plate Mk4 gti anniversary for sale
« on: 02 February 2018, 11:01 »
Hi all,

Thanks for your time and your expertise,  I have been given the responsibility to sell my mother in laws gti.  I know they didn't sell many and not many are left taxed and driven around. This poses a problem when pricing the car up to sell as not many come on the market.  I'm getting all the details sent to me by my mother in law today but I'm not sure what rough figure we are looking at.  Basic details I know are it is a petrol 5dr in black. 2  owners ( she has wobbled around in it for the past 8-10yrs) , new mot this month, new fuel pump, new brakes back end of last year, ac works, and totally original including wheels. Previous owner did roughly 100k on motorway as sales rep. Approx mileage 170k.  Runs and drives well. I'm tempted to buy it myself but......

What do you reckon on price?

Thanks for your time

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: 52 plate Mk4 gti anniversary for sale
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2018, 13:26 »
5dr? Not an anniversary then!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Robknx

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2018, 10:41 »
Thanks for replying... shows how much I know.... or how little I know as the case may be...

I'm not sure what she has then.... the v5 shows 180bhp, the front bumper is from the anniversary, it has the 6 speed box, recaros etc.  But doesn't have the 18" wheels as per the anniversary, however, it does have different alloys to the standard gtis ive seen for this year?

But I have checked and you are right they only offered 3dr.

Would the spec she has been optional extras at the time?
« Last Edit: 23 February 2018, 10:43 by Robknx »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2018, 19:00 »
They did the 180bhp in the standard GTI too after they released the Anniversary

Your engine code will be AUQ  :smiley:

Offline Robknx

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2018, 14:25 »
Excellent
...  thank you for your expertise and help...  my mother in law has literally just picked up her granny shopper car (golf GTi at bit much for wobbling around town in) and I'm now in charge of selling this one.  I'll be putting it up for £1000.  Let's see what happens?