Author Topic: scooby turbo 2000  (Read 11639 times)

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
Re: scooby turbo 2000
« Reply #20 on: 27 January 2014, 12:29 »
Love those scoobys.. always wanted one but there a magnet for thieves in my area  :lipsrsealed:.. heard maintenance is pretty high too...but so will a stage 2 mk4 be high.. and im sure the scooby is way more fun with that 4wd :cool:

Go for the scooby  :smiley:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!

Offline Tainton

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 29 January 2014, 08:43 »
I owned a turbo 2000 classic with prodrive kit and absolutely loved it and was the most reliable car I've ever owned.
It was a bit of a rally slag as you see in the pictures and the noise especially when it got de-catted.

Running cost/servicing weren't too bad even back then (4 yrs ago) and went to Scoobyclinic @ Chesterfield Way who are a great bunch of guys.  Never did remap but est running approx. 270bhp ish which was more than enough for me.

Would I have another over the mk6 gti? yes and it would probably be either a P1/Type R or Blobeye STI.
Pop over to scoobynet for more info, cheers ash

Offline p9ul

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 29 May 2014, 22:21 »
Saddest day of my life was parting with my old Scooby - I'd have another tomorrow - in fact I'm seriously considering getting another but it is the running cost that's putting me off.

Engines are pretty much bulletproof unless you get a jap import - and the P1 is reknown for having an engine made of chocolate. They're rattly buggers mind (the turbo 2000) but they're a hugely practical car. Have you tried getting a set of golf clubs into a golf? near on impossible without putting the back seats - an impreza boot will easily swallow 4 sets of clubs and a couple of trolleys.

The AWD system is epic, it's a bugger on wintry mornings though and as you can't phone work saying you can't get in  :laugh:

That engine note though - the greatest sounding 4 cylinder engine on the planet, and good exhausts to enhance it aren't all that expensive either. They seem susceptible to good fuel though, they love Shell V-Power, but they don't half sup it - I think my record was 330 miles out of a tank before the warning light came on. They're not bad on the motorway - 70mph in 5th is where the turbo is about to kick in so you nip to... erm... 100ish in a blink of an eye.

You'll throw money at it because you want to, not because you have to...

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 17 September 2014, 18:32 »
+1 for the comments so far.

I had a bugly WRx which got tweaked to about 240 bhp. Sadly a £900 service and 30k miles a year wasn't good for where I was at the time so it had to go.

I would recomend it should be on everone's "cars to drive before I die" list though. Apart from the staggering grip, lovely sound and engaging torque from the engine the driving dynamics were so precise and predictable.

The driving precision was for me, above everything else, what made it such a good car to own and drive. And the burble with a modestly loud silencer came a close second...  :grin: