Author Topic: 365bhp EA888... Factory approved ABT upgrade  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
365bhp EA888... Factory approved ABT upgrade
« on: 13 March 2019, 11:04 »
But only for SEAT  :wink:

That's a bargain as well, £500 for the 69bhp upgrade.

Revealing more of the EA888’s full potential than ever before, the power pack equipped Cupra R ST might just be the most exciting MQB-based model we’ve experienced.

https://www.evo.co.uk/news/22429/seat-leon-cupra-r-st-announced-with-optional-365bhp-upgrade?_mout=1&utm_campaign=evo_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter
« Last Edit: 13 March 2019, 11:05 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: 365bhp EA888... Factory approved ABT upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2019, 11:13 »
Must fit better clutches in spain
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2019, 12:21 »
Must fit better clutches in spain

All wheel drive DSG.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2019, 13:16 »
This looks good. 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2019, 13:28 »
This looks good. 👍

Hell of car for less than £40k and you won't need to add an options as everything will be included. A bit of a sleeper that real world will be around 4 secs to 60.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2019, 14:42 »
This looks good. 👍

Hell of car for less than £40k and you won't need to add an options as everything will be included. A bit of a sleeper that real world will be around 4 secs to 60.

There’s a hell of a lot of brand snobbery and ignorance on here quite often, especially around some of the plastics in the SEAT. Truth is aside from one or two places the mk7 Golfs are full of hard scratchy plastic too below the upper sections of dash and front doors. 
A friend of mine had a Cupra as a company car and it was more than a match for the GTI PP I had at the time in all the areas that count if you like a sporty car that really performs and has a load of kit as standard.

The actual costs of ownership might not be that much lower with the SEAT depending on what sort of deal you can work. But deals are out there with SEATs that can make them massively cheaper than their VW cousins. The full spec on the run out Golfs now do make them good value after discounts though.

Hopefully the Abt plug in will catch on and VW UK will take note. A Mountune equivalent is something us UK owners have been crying out for for years.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2019, 15:01 »
The sticker price is steep, considering it's pretty dear next to a Golf R estate and only £500.of that is ABT upgrade. Even so, it won't just be the sticker price that makes it a dear buy, it's the higher depreciation suffered with the SEAT badge that'll really sting.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2019, 15:30 »
The sticker price is steep, considering it's pretty dear next to a Golf R estate and only £500.of that is ABT upgrade. Even so, it won't just be the sticker price that makes it a dear buy, it's the higher depreciation suffered with the SEAT badge that'll really sting.
Not always in practice.
I suffered lower depreciation in pure £££ on a few SEATs I owned many years ago than any comparative VW I’ve had.
Depends on demand for the model. That particular ST model will drop like a stone until it reaches a point.

Hopefully the Abt unit will filter in to other models which is more what we are looking at.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2019, 17:55 »
Not always in practice.
I suffered lower depreciation in pure £££ on a few SEATs I owned many years ago than any comparative VW I’ve had.
Depends on demand for the model. That particular ST model will drop like a stone until it reaches a point.

Hopefully the Abt unit will filter in to other models which is more what we are looking at.

Is that because the Seats were comparatively cheap and a high % loss of a relatively low purchase price (like on an Ibiza) is still low on a £ basis?

For Leon vs Golf, every time I looked, Leon never made sense financially because the Cupra had the depreciation curve of a Ford Focus. The interior plastics in places you'd notice always looked and felt cheap. Doesn't help that my local Seat dealerships are arses too (Pattinson Seat wanted me to put a deposit down on a Cupra before they'd entertain a test drive about 10 years ago).

Definitely not the case for cheap depreciation here with that very expensive ST.

Would welcome the rollout of official power upgrades though. At £500, it's around the price of an externally sourced remap - no extra money to cover increased chance of warranty issues. That says to me that VAG are confident the engine can handle the extra output with ease.

Doubt they'd do this for manual boxes though, with their chocolate clutches.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2019, 18:06 »
That thing looks amazing and I don’t like estates. Wow!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.