Author Topic: catch can install  (Read 22029 times)

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
Re: catch can install
« Reply #20 on: 03 April 2011, 11:29 »
ok cheers mate

Offline symsymma

• I live here
  • AGU POWER,drive it like u stole it!!!
« Reply #21 on: 03 April 2011, 14:31 »
Yea i was told bout 8mm by wazzer,saiko michi cans can only b bought direct from usa mine took 13 days to get here not bad considering there made to order.i got a stage 3 with 19mm inlets and outlets matt black with a white logo :wink:
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 03 April 2011, 16:27 »
ok this is what i got, what else do i need to get this fitted?

Offline symsymma

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 03 April 2011, 18:27 »
ok this is what i got, what else do i need to get this fitted?
depending on where u mount it 2 meters of oil res hose a t piece and an elbow also a bung or bolt and a hose clamp to blank off a hose. :smiley:
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.

Offline andc1

• I live here

Offline symsymma

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 03 April 2011, 19:13 »
sorry this is what i got

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190517278123&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
ull need wot i said plus 19mm -15mm id reducers and 2 19mm od straight plastic joiners and 4 hose clips.the hose is 19mm id wot u need 2 meters off. :wink:

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 07 April 2011, 18:03 »
there a smaller diameter pipe on the red one nr the dipstick that u blank of

what pipe is that?

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 07 April 2011, 19:11 »
ok am i correct in saying that the end of where the red pipe nearest the dip sitck goes into a t piece, 1 bit goes up to the inlet manifold, this pipe you block off,  keep the other pipe and connect the red pipe to this?

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 07 April 2011, 21:11 »
umm, hard to explain but once you start removing everything you will see. At dipstick end, after stripping it all down, you will be left with just a 90 bend. Attach the hose to that. Not sure where the inlet manifold pipe goes to originally but sure its not PCV vlve directly.

When i removed mine, i just saw it dangling down after stripping everythng out and read up on it and found you needed to block it.

No idea what it was actually attached to, get your hands dirty and it will all come together  :afro:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 April 2011, 21:32 »
on mine underneath connected to the inlet manifold theres a thinnner pipe that connects to a t piece that the connets to what your describing as the elbow that the red pipe connects too,  :laugh: