Author Topic: Jonrandom 1.8t TD05 16G build  (Read 91006 times)

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
Re: Jonrandom 1.8t TD05 16G build
« Reply #280 on: 30 April 2013, 23:23 »
Good to hear pal! Can't wait to see the result from a bit if r-tech treatment!

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #281 on: 02 May 2013, 08:10 »
Yesterday was the day of hell!!!  :sad:

All started at 8 taking the mrs car over to the workshop, she failed to say how bad the car was I cant believe she was driving it, it was f**ked. Was scared for my life the bearings on the rear were so bad the back end was wobbling all over the place, half expected to see a wheel roll past me any second!

Made it to the workshop and started doing the last bits on mine to get it out of the way and so I could get home. Then had a problem with the for leaking where I welded it so off it came rewelded back on still leaking, so back off........ that went on for more than 6 hours!! Even my dad helped trying to weld it, he was a coded welder but still it kept leaking!!  :angry:

So finished that about 830 last nite started to drive home half way home I get the oil light, pull over and the hose has come off the oil cooler and emptied all my oil.

My dad went and got me some more oil I did the hose up tight filled it up and off I went. Made it a mile and the same thing happened!!  :angry: :angry:

That point it was gone 10 so pushed it to a lay-by and left the f**king thing there for the night.

Been back this morning covered the oil spills and checked it and the clip that come with the oil cooler kit failed, you do it up tight and some how it works it way loose.

Will get a new clip and going to lock tight that f**ker on just to make sure, will pick it up later.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #282 on: 02 May 2013, 18:03 »
sounds like a nightmare mate...

She's testing you, stick with it :wink:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #283 on: 03 May 2013, 16:23 »
sounds like a nightmare mate...

She's testing you, stick with it :wink:

It was mate!

Well its back home now but had to use normal oil to get it home from the lay-by. So ordered some more mineral, once that arrives will drop the oil thats in there and put the mineral back in for another 6-700 miles. Then get some decent stuff. Alot of wasted money on oil in the last couple of days!  :cry:

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
« Reply #284 on: 03 May 2013, 20:22 »
But atleast youve given the engine a good flush out instead off using the wynns stuff  :wink:

Glass half full and whatnot  :smiley:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #285 on: 04 May 2013, 13:30 »
But atleast youve given the engine a good flush out instead off using the wynns stuff  :wink:

Glass half full and whatnot  :smiley:

Lol, an expensive way but I guess so  :smiley:

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #286 on: 06 June 2013, 21:32 »
Havent done a lot recently just trying to sort the car for mapping.

Have a few problems still to try and sort out but its hard to tell what is down to it not being mapped.

As it is, it wont run with the maf pluged in. If I unplug the battery it will work once with the maf pluged in the next time it wont start really at all. Unplug it then its all good.

Still had a bit of juddering before boost kicked in with the EBC so ran actuator pressure and it ran better but thank god I fitted the afr!

Took it to 4.5k and the reading was high 17's! Wont do that again or its game over, no boost until mapped.

Going to get a new maf sort out the fuel pumps and maybe fit the bigger injectors and see what readings I  get and go from there.

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #287 on: 06 June 2013, 23:13 »
Hmmm  :undecided:
Hope you can sort it pal
Guess its a bit of a problem with so many changes at once.

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #288 on: 07 June 2013, 07:28 »
Hmmm  :undecided:
Hope you can sort it pal
Guess its a bit of a problem with so many changes at once.

Cheers mate, yeah I guess so.

Well ive fitted a standard fuel pump back in and will make a surge tank/swirl pot for the walbro. Will get a new Maf and refurb the dump valve, its getting on a bit. Then go from there

Offline lewis583

• Just got here
« Reply #289 on: 12 February 2014, 21:15 »
Hello Jon, You okay mate? Any updates on the motor? I'm the TD05'er from CGTI incase you're confused, haha.