Author Topic: Mk7.5 GTI Exhaust Mods  (Read 5285 times)

Offline wilxmiester

• Just got here
Mk7.5 GTI Exhaust Mods
« on: 27 May 2020, 20:12 »
I’m sure I’m not the first person, and I certainly won’t be the last to ask this...

I want to buy an exhaust for my mk7.5. I’ve never bought one before for any car I’ve owned so I wouldn’t have a clue where to look for reputable makes. Of course I want the standard more noise but not too much. What are people running, what do people recommend. My budget is around £500

I understand all the terminology as in, cat back, de-res, turbo back, ect.

I just need a good list of good makes to get my search underway really.

Thanks in advance to all who contribute to the post

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk7.5 GTI Exhaust Mods
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2020, 21:32 »
Check this out: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=284317.0

It’s an active conversation at the moment and may answer your questions, or give you some terms and brands to search for.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2020, 21:38 »
Premium exhausts retail around double your budget, a little less for Scorpion. Fit a resonator delete for far less. Sure someone mentioned they were selling theirs in a recently post. Jim MK7.5 maybes?

Look on Awesome GTI or a similar retailer then perhaps wait or one to come up for sale in the classifieds or eBay if you really want a full exhaust.

2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2020, 21:56 »
I got a Powerflow catback fitted to a crappy Korean hatchback that cost me more than 500 quid and that didn't have the rear muffler box and twin tailpipes... nice exhaust really but I think you are looking at more than 500 quid...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline wilxmiester

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2020, 22:26 »
Ok so I should have said I’m not particularly looking for a full system, only probably cat back, or just res delete

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2020, 06:55 »
Ok so I should have said I’m not particularly looking for a full system, only probably cat back, or just res delete

Is yours a 245 Performance or the 230 model?

I will have my VAGsport res delete available next week. I researched before buying and these ones seem to be very well regarded.
Been on the car since Dec '18. Sounds great under hard acceleration but also stays quiet when you are pottering around.

Here's a bit of footage of mine, before and after - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZMqsTU2osI
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2020, 08:09 »
I'm running a full Akra which is superb for performance and noise. But it's way out of budget.

But before I got that my first option was the Clubsport S backbox. Appears to make a big difference to the sound as in not crazy loud but more like what it should have been from stock. Plus they're OE parts which is always a bonus. Can be had within your budget too.

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2020, 10:01 »
I'm running a full Akra which is superb for performance and noise. But it's way out of budget.

But before I got that my first option was the Clubsport S backbox. Appears to make a big difference to the sound as in not crazy loud but more like what it should have been from stock. Plus they're OE parts which is always a bonus. Can be had within your budget too.

For a 7, the Clubsport S back box would be an obvious choice but don't think that it fits the 7.5.
2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1

Offline wilxmiester

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2020, 10:04 »

Is yours a 245 Performance or the 230 model?

I will have my VAGsport res delete available next week. I researched before buying and these ones seem to be very well regarded.
Been on the car since Dec '18. Sounds great under hard acceleration but also stays quiet when you are pottering around.

Here's a bit of footage of mine, before and after - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZMqsTU2osI

Yeah mine is the 230 non PP model. Figured that the CSS won’t fit mine. Most reasonable option at the moment seems to be the vagsport res delete. Seems to tick all the boxes I have so far. But if I could get a cat back system for my budget with some darker exhaust tips that would be sweet

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2020, 10:22 »

Yeah mine is the 230 non PP model. Figured that the CSS won’t fit mine. Most reasonable option at the moment seems to be the vagsport res delete. Seems to tick all the boxes I have so far. But if I could get a cat back system for my budget with some darker exhaust tips that would be sweet

As mentioned on another exhaust thread yesterday apologies if this is spamming but don't know if you would have seen it... This is coming off of my mk7 next week as for the majority of my driving I prefer the refinement of the stock one.  It came as a package with a remap, wasn't looking to buy an exhaust but it was a good deal so I thought I would try it but it's not for me.  Mine is a mk7 but I have emailed Mountune to see if they can provide the 7.5 fittings as this will make it an easier sell.  It's only been on the car for 500 miles, mine is the polished tipped one...  https://www.mountune52.com/collections/mk7-golf-gti/products/m52-cat-back-exhaust-system What I ideally want for it is probably a bit higher than your budget though.

Res delete is going to be your cheapest option here and I believe another user has one of those for sale, a cat back in that budget you will probably need to keep an eye out for used plenty of groups on Facebook and the like for this kind of stuff.  I'm sure that some of the members on will know good places to look out for used parts.

2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1