Author Topic: Sump removal (What a bugger!)  (Read 16058 times)

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
Re: Sump removal (What a bugger!)
« Reply #10 on: 10 July 2012, 14:19 »
Definatley thread of the week.

Forget ARB's and Catch cans we got REMOVING SUMP's too  :laugh:
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 10 July 2012, 14:22 »
ok you've made your point, it was an honest question thats all :huh:

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2012, 14:27 »
Abit of banter mate

But honestly if you have a AUM its the same thing.
You do need to change your oil pick up pipe too if it havent been done recently as they get blocked and starve your engine of oil and kill it  :sick:

This thread was pointless and I just wanted to express the pig of a job finding stupid bolts to remove the sump, thats it  :grin:.

Just remember to put the sump back on I wont take responsibilty of seizing your engine if you forget haha
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2012, 14:31 »
cool ok, i'll have to find a thread for this as it sounds a good idea as my 1.8t is loaded with spec from the first owner, 1 from new, and i think he preferred the comfort more than anything...though i think his son may have fitted the 6" fox wheels  :sick:

thanks though for if you hadnt posted this in the first place i would never of known

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 10 July 2012, 14:54 »
james dont leave the sump off ffs but as jamie said get the pickup pipe sorted as its a must on the 1.8t  :wink:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 10 July 2012, 15:09 »
james dont leave the sump off ffs but as jamie said get the pickup pipe sorted as its a must on the 1.8t  :wink:

yeh i figured that when i reread cheers gully, maybe im gonna have to ask a mate down at vw to help me out with that one when the time comes...i take it less weight means less fuel burn allowing for more fuel consuming mods?

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #16 on: 10 July 2012, 17:03 »
forgive my oblivious nature, what the hoohaa does the sump do and removing it from the AUM is a good idea?

quoting that for future giggles encase you do a Wanye :lipsrsealed: :grin: :grin:

Also please don't ever do any maintenance on your car :lipsrsealed: :grin: :tongue:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 10 July 2012, 17:09 »
forgive my oblivious nature, what the hoohaa does the sump do and removing it from the AUM is a good idea?

quoting that for future giggles encase you do a Wanye :lipsrsealed: :grin: :grin:

Also please don't ever do any maintenance on your car :lipsrsealed: :grin: :tongue:

thanks...i think  :huh: as i believe Cully said in one of posts about hoses, do it yourself and learn something along the way.  :tongue: but to be honest with you im in the fortunate position to take it to VW and have them sort it out otherwise, call it a reset button if you want  :smug:

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #18 on: 10 July 2012, 17:19 »
gonna do mine soon  :smiley:

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 10 July 2012, 17:29 »

whose Wayne?