Author Topic: Calypso mk2 Golf 1.8T Stahl S2's/Recaro/Votex/Happich/Brembo  (Read 37014 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: Calypso 20vT Stahl S2 splits & respray
« Reply #30 on: 29 September 2014, 08:52 »
Coming along nicely! :cool:

Offline LeeElite

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 30 September 2014, 21:37 »
Looking awesome mate! I will hopfully be picking my mk2 up next week! Already with a vr6 lump in it :)

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #32 on: 01 October 2014, 21:24 »
Cheers lads, it's a love hate project, I'm sure il love it when it's all finished and on the road and il forget all the money I have dumped into it, for now though I hate how it's taking all my money. I figure do it right now and hopefully won't have any problems in the future ... :| but it is a mk2 Golf, can they ever be classed as finished? You'll love that VR6 noise bud! :evil:

Few more parts turned up, the rear badge I have sprayed matt black, I wanted to get the headlights and fog lights fitted tonight but it got dark at 7 so had a tinny instead :lol:

Genesis 5 channel Amp

Polished door inserts and de-locked passenger door handle, had to swap over the mechanisms but so easy even I could do it! :lol:

Before I tackled recovering the headliner/sun visors/boot build/pillars etc I thought I'd have a play with a spare seat belt cover, didn't come out too bad :)

Also managed to pick up a centre console in good condition, didn't like how 'the hump' just hung over the end think this looks a lot better, just need to make a bracket up to secure it in place (although it fits pretty snug) and might need a little trimming where it meets the console at the front

Until next time ;)

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
Re: Calypso mk2 Golf 1.8T Stahl S2 splits
« Reply #33 on: 11 October 2014, 20:44 »
On call this weekend, so whilst the missus has been watching Twilight :huh: I made a few ebay purchases :afro: want to get the strut brace powdercoated, not keen on red  :sick:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
Re: Calypso mk2 Golf 1.8T Stahl S2 splits
« Reply #34 on: 18 November 2014, 20:35 »
Picked these up a few weeks back, don't hold much hope finding the loom and electric subframes so looking to buy some manual subframes.

Also ordered some new genuine G60 arches earlier this evening, £350 of 4 bits of plastic :huh: Full stainless steel none resonated Jetex system turned up today! Golf is going into the workshop Saturday for the 20vt conversion. Hope to be at some shows this year! :afro:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
Re: Calypso mk2 Golf 1.8T Stahl S2 splits & Recaro's
« Reply #35 on: 25 November 2014, 18:06 »
Well she's gone :afro:

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 25 November 2014, 20:00 »
 :huh: :shocked:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 26 November 2014, 16:18 »
Well she's gone :afro:

I hope mean she has gone to the workshop! :grin:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #38 on: 28 November 2014, 16:04 »
Yeah she has gone into the workshop :afro: not planning on getting rid of her just yet! Not much to update then the polybushes for the front crossmember arrived and the rear camber shims which I dropped off at the workshop! :smiley:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #39 on: 30 December 2014, 21:03 »
Rims are done, split and dishes polished, then been rebuilt with new gold bolts and stainless nuts, centres powdercoated, just need to decide on centre caps now