Author Topic: "stickies" housekeeping  (Read 2737 times)

Offline NCCC

• Not said much yet
"stickies" housekeeping
« on: 13 September 2008, 19:41 »
Despite my post count, I am not a new member, I lost my ID in the crash but hey ho (said so that I hope my feelings are deemed valid  :grin: )

I just feel that some of the stickies, no longer need to be stuck...as it were. I'm sat here using an old laptop with a crap resolution and in some cases have to scroll through half a screen of stickies before I get to the proper topics.

Some examples - 2 in Mk3, a group buy that has closed, and a stripped car from 6 months ago?
                        Nonsense forum - IMO only needs the forum guidelines, the rest - wouldn't they rise                    back to the top if someone posted? So ones like Dubbabes or fantasy leagues etc would be kept alive by those who use them?
The Garage has 2 stickies for the same subject! plus some have 5 pages of discussion, even group buys shouldn't need this. I just think a lot of info could be condensed...

Just a thought  :wink:

--edit, also allowing 4 pages of discussion for the recent crash surely just takes up unwanted space on the DB and....dare I say it..backup?

Offline NCCC

• Not said much yet
Re: "stickies" housekeeping
« Reply #1 on: 13 September 2008, 20:38 »
OK, the edit time has passed, but what is up with the reply not available in dub projects?! Are those topics defunct? If so....ditch them lol

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2008, 20:41 »
OK, the edit time has passed, but what is up with the reply not available in dub projects?! Are those topics defunct? If so....ditch them lol

Nope, they're not really meant to be replied to as far as i know, as they're there to show people progress of the projects, not to discuss it.

Offline NCCC

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2008, 20:54 »

Nope, they're not really meant to be replied to as far as i know, as they're there to show people progress of the projects, not to discuss it.

Ahhhh in that case, I like! but then it doesn't allow for anyone to comment on the build....oh damn, I'm in a catch 22 now!  :shocked:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2008, 21:01 »
If you want/see something that needs looking at in any section..click the report to moderator button (look at bottom of any post) and add a comment on what the issue is and the section moderator will take it from there...
and the mk3 group buy has finished but a fixed price deal is currently being arranged and the thread will be modified by me then (the other thread mentioned has now being deleted)

oh and we have dub projects so people can go into detail and show progress and this makes it easier to read from beginning to end without any interuptions...and we have dub rides for other poeple to comment on the car
« Last Edit: 13 September 2008, 21:16 by boneybradley »
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2008, 21:48 »
Projects section is just that. So that people can update their own threads without pages of random text.

Dub rides is somewhere that you can post your project and also receive feedback on it, regardless of good or bad.

Catch 22 solved.

Offline NCCC

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2008, 22:43 »
Both fair points, sorry if I stepped on any toes, they were simpy examples of stickies I thought were unnecessary...indeed of the coilies which HAS in fact finished is going to become a discount, then it has a different place to be posted does it not?

Offline NCCC

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2008, 22:45 »
Projects section is just that. So that people can update their own threads without pages of random text.

Dub rides is somewhere that you can post your project and also receive feedback on it, regardless of good or bad.

Catch 22 solved.

So is there a possibility of projects and rides being duplicated....? At least at some point...

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2008, 01:08 »
in dub rides I suppose that could happen, but indount itnwould in projects as JV has to start those threads, only way that would happen wye be if he had a particulary busy day of hairdressing appotmnts to whizz to and lost his mind a bit
« Last Edit: 14 September 2008, 01:10 by RandomJord »
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!