Author Topic: Anyone local got vagcom/obdeleven (reading)  (Read 17341 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: Anyone local got vagcom/obdeleven (reading)
« Reply #10 on: 25 September 2017, 19:57 »
Just out of curiosity what things are people enabling/disabling or changing with VCDS/obd11?

Stop/start disable - long coded
Headlamp washers off - long coded
Chirp on lock/unlock - long coded
Enable fan level display on auto - app
Reverse lights full brightness - long coded
Coming home lights - long coded
DRL 100% with headlights - long coded
Full brake lights - long code

I might have forgotten some.

Duh :rolleyes: also forgot the headlamp washers but I'm going to change that back for winter as I think you said you were going to do too.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 25 September 2017, 20:34 »
Just out of curiosity what things are people enabling/disabling or changing with VCDS/obd11?

Duh :rolleyes: also forgot the headlamp washers but I'm going to change that back for winter as I think you said you were going to do too.

No.  My headlight washers stay off regardless of season.  I hate them more than I hate stop/start and that's saying something.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 25 September 2017, 20:49 »

No.  My headlight washers stay off regardless of season.  I hate them more than I hate stop/start and that's saying something.  :grin:

Haha, I really need to turn mine off too. At the minute I turn my lights off before I spray my windscreen (sure that's safe right!?)
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 25 September 2017, 20:53 »

Haha, I really need to turn mine off too. At the minute I turn my lights off before I spray my windscreen (sure that's safe right!?)
grin:

Haha, yep.  That's what I used to do, obviously only when safe to do so.  I've not had to give the loathsome headlight washers a thought since.  Bliss!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 25 September 2017, 21:43 »

I'm thinking with all the salt and crap on the roads that windscreen washer fluid is going to be the last thing on my things to be worried about getting on the car.

@Audy, that's what I used to do in my CC.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 25 September 2017, 22:01 »

I'm thinking with all the salt and crap on the roads that windscreen washer fluid is going to be the last thing on my things to be worried about getting on the car.

Nah, I'd rather an even layer of salt and winter grime without the runny streaks from headlight washer fluid, which always looks skanky even on a dirty car.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 25 September 2017, 23:31 »

Nah, I'd rather an even layer of salt and winter grime without the runny streaks from headlight washer fluid, which always looks skanky even on a dirty car.

Why am I not surprised, I haven't gone near the detailing section because I haven't washed the car in two months

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 26 September 2017, 01:10 »

Why am I not surprised, I haven't gone near the detailing section because I haven't washed the car in two months

I'm afraid you are now banned from the detailing section until you get your act together, and then we'll think about if you will be allowed back in. I'm open to bribes.  :grin:
« Last Edit: 26 September 2017, 01:37 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 26 September 2017, 10:50 »

I'm afraid you are now banned from the detailing section until you get your act together, and then we'll think about if you will be allowed back in. I'm open to bribes.  :grin:

To be fair I keep meaning to wash the car but the forecast keeps saying it's going to rain in the next day or two and my 'get up and go' disappears.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 26 September 2017, 11:05 »

To be fair I keep meaning to wash the car but the forecast keeps saying it's going to rain in the next day or two and my 'get up and go' disappears.

Pah!  Fair weather deatailer! :tongue:  By that measure you'll not be washing before next spring.   :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual