Author Topic: R you ready  (Read 25981 times)

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
Re: R you ready
« Reply #30 on: 14 July 2009, 22:43 »
Fair play Joe, will be so much fun for you if you get it!!
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #31 on: 14 July 2009, 23:32 »
was that 5k off the full asking price of 10999 if you chop your motor in?

well 5k is the max they said they would give me then i still have a yr left on my gti finance wise so need to off set that against what they give me and then look at what the finance is like on the R

Another RED gti departing joe.  :shocked:  question is can the deal be done ready for bugjam  :grin:

Not sure if it will be done before friday !
Joe,

When you trade your car in, remove the boost gauge and sell me the pod...prettttyyy please.
not botherign having it fitted now so now ive will have a A pillar pod fro sale boost gauge and a TIP
I have been looking at them for a while now (more Mk5 though) and the prices have gone up over the last 3 months. That car though Joe is expensive to be honest. You are better off selling yours private (and you would get £5k if you waited long enough) and buying the R32 private. At the end of the day it about the cost to change and £6k seems steep for a car that has 20k more miles on it and is only a year newer.

The fuel cost on them are awful. I thought that it would be similar when I bought my 4 Motion but boy was I wrong. That would do 25mpg on average where as the 1.8T does 35mpg on average. Over time those extra 10miles adds up!

I am not saying don't get one, but I would say you are may be rushing in it a bit  :wink:

i know but at least with the dealer i will get some sort of warranty etc and i know its alot of money but they said they would give me 5k and not sure how long it would take for someone to give me 5k for mine private :P im going for a proper nose around it tomorrow on my lunch

Offline jtomlin

• I live here
  • 1999 AGU 1.8T GTI
« Reply #32 on: 14 July 2009, 23:36 »
i wish you the best of luck, although i think your mad getting shot of that beautiful red car you have, i wish i could afford to buy it off you tbh!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #33 on: 14 July 2009, 23:37 »
I really like yours and think your mad, but good luck if you go for it.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #34 on: 14 July 2009, 23:38 »
ahh i don't think you saw my point.. 5k is wayyy more than a dealer would hand over unless he's offsetting it against the profit on the R32, which he probably got for 8k. Barter the price down before you even mention part exchange :grin:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #35 on: 14 July 2009, 23:51 »
ahh i don't think you saw my point.. 5k is wayyy more than a dealer would hand over unless he's offsetting it against the profit on the R32, which he probably got for 8k. Barter the price down before you even mention part exchange :grin:

ahhh right got ya! ahh the art of haggling so its down at 10999 what do you think I could get them down too ? if say i could get them down to 9,999 or even 9500 that would be safe but not sure if that's going to happen

And I know some may think im mad wanting to sell my GTI but this is really going to be the only opportunity i will get to own a R you only live once

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #36 on: 15 July 2009, 00:01 »
i reckon he's looking at a book price of 3.5k for yours so he can afford to lose £1500 on the R.. bit late now that he's already made you an offer which no doubt is only on a part exchange basis

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #37 on: 15 July 2009, 00:05 »
i reckon he's looking at a book price of 3.5k for yours so he can afford to lose £1500 on the R.. bit late now that he's already made you an offer which no doubt is only on a part exchange basis

yeah more than likely :P but im very happy in the respect that he said 5k over all

am I really mad?  :laugh:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #38 on: 15 July 2009, 00:10 »
Not at all.. you can either look at it as 5k for yours and 11k purchase.. or 3.5k for yours and 9.5k purchase which is pretty much bang on pricing. It's the right car, it's local.. i found an ad for it on pistonheads and it looks tidy enough (saggy driver seat, even the new ones suffer that!).. what are you waiting for? :tongue:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 15 July 2009, 08:39 »
5k for yours mate is a bloody good price I think you should go for it mate.  :cool:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!