Author Topic: cheers martin  (Read 2433 times)

Offline vaughn

• I live here
  • now team wagon, and team grumpy trainee
cheers martin
« on: 12 March 2007, 18:57 »
insured my new car today, big thanks to martin for sorting it all quickly and for a very good price  :wink:
hope everyone gives him a call even if it`s for a qoute you`ll be surprised

57 plate black 5dr ed30, 1969 bay window devon camper. thats all for now folks, hopefully picking up a wagon tomoz

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: cheers martin
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2007, 11:02 »
no worries Vaughn, glad i could help mate!  :smiley:

Offline kniterider

• I live here
  • had most, sold most and often buy more!
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2007, 07:36 »
here here.... changed from my 8v gti to the mk3 16v, for peanuts difference... and now onto me vr6 show car with all mods included and unlimited mileage and gone to fully comp etc... for a very reasonable sum...

give em a try!!

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2007, 07:23 »
i declared my 3 points, and i was scared to do so as i have 3 non-fault accidents, 3 years no claims, a SP30 (48 in a 40) and £60 fine.

was scared as i was upgrading so to speak from a 5dr mk2 driver (£300 £PFT) to a 1.8 gti mk1 cab, with all mods declared. in the end it cost me a Grand. The first three points dont really ount for much tbh. its when you get more than theres a problem! tut tut you guys with more!  :wink: Martin unfortunately couln't get anywhere near a quote for me, and that was due to the accidents. But i'm with Brentacre now. I wouldnt dream of not declaring them. if your not going to declare them, maty as well not pay insurance, as if you get stopped by te police they check your details, and check insurance... then it would come to light that you've not declared them. Don't forget they are dated too! and some companies check the details you gicve against last policy - so if you got the points part way into last policy and havnt declared them until new one, you can get in trouble.

Sorry for the essay... basically im tryin to say 3 isn't that important to many insurers and theres an insurance company out thre to suit your needs. :) Good luck!

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2007, 10:42 »
i declared my 3 points, and i was scared to do so as i have 3 non-fault accidents, 3 years no claims, a SP30 (48 in a 40) and £60 fine.

was scared as i was upgrading so to speak from a 5dr mk2 driver (£300 £PFT) to a 1.8 gti mk1 cab, with all mods declared. in the end it cost me a Grand. The first three points dont really ount for much tbh. its when you get more than theres a problem! tut tut you guys with more!  :wink: Martin unfortunately couln't get anywhere near a quote for me, and that was due to the accidents. But i'm with Brentacre now. I wouldnt dream of not declaring them. if your not going to declare them, maty as well not pay insurance, as if you get stopped by te police they check your details, and check insurance... then it would come to light that you've not declared them. Don't forget they are dated too! and some companies check the details you gicve against last policy - so if you got the points part way into last policy and havnt declared them until new one, you can get in trouble.

Sorry for the essay... basically im tryin to say 3 isn't that important to many insurers and theres an insurance company out thre to suit your needs. :) Good luck!

Well said han!  :smiley: (although i reckon you might have meant to reply under the topic about points!  :wink:)

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2007, 16:42 »
i cant work the new forum. im not on enough.....  :shocked: