Author Topic: insurance  (Read 1952 times)

bodit1572

insurance
« on: 01 March 2007, 21:25 »
ive got two cars and  to insure both cost me enough i was just wondering if ther was a policy were i could in sure  both cars on same policy .
but i also buy and repair odd car would i be better looking at a traders policy

one other question is i was hit by a car last year i had to do all the chasing up for his insurance details it was his fault. i informed my insurance company. but it was gona take ages he denied it so it was gona go for ever. so i spoke to his insurance company and asked them to find out if he wanted to go any further if not i will not purse either as i need car to go.
 igot a letter from my insurance company saying something claim setteld nothing been payed out either way.do i have to declare this 1.

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: insurance
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2007, 09:47 »
We have not really ever dealt with trade policies so i am afraid i dont really know the ins and outs of them.

We do run schemes that are designed for people with 2cars so can normally get pretty good deals in this situation (particularly if one car is pre 1992 as it may qualify for classic!).

If the claim was reported to your insurer then always declare it. If it is non fault and nothing paid out it should have no effect on the premium anyway so you have nothing to lose and have covered your own back then.

Hope that helps

Martin  :smiley: