Author Topic: Pembrey a few weeks ago  (Read 3464 times)

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
Pembrey a few weeks ago
« on: 12 May 2012, 22:56 »
We took the track Mk3 to Pembrey a couple of weeks ago. It was the first time at Pembrey.

It's a tricky circuit with lots of tight corners and turns. It took us the whole day to get used to the track and start to feel like we were getting up to any sort of decent speed.

Some better tyres might have helped to feel a bit safer round some of the corners.

We and most other people were shown up by a bog standard Ford Puma. The only mod he had was Toyo R888 tyres. He was hassling the Skylines and M3's all day. Chatting to him later he was an experienced racer with 20+ years experience of racing at Pembrey. Just goes to show how experience and driving skill are the biggest thing in track driving.

Looking forward to Castle Combe later this month.

Paul

Offline benjc

• Not said much yet
Re: Pembrey a few weeks ago
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2012, 22:08 »
Sounds good. That track is on my to do list but hadn't heard many reports from it, but sounds good.
 What's ur Mk3 like on track.

Offline Jamin

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 Golf Gti 16v
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2012, 21:05 »
My gran ( or mumgu as it's in Wales ) lives not far from the circuit. I remember you could hear the cars going round and round when I was a kid. How much was track use??

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 05 June 2012, 19:42 »
How much was track use??
It was about £150 for the day which was open pit lane so as much track time as you can fit in.

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 05 June 2012, 19:47 »
Sounds good. That track is on my to do list but hadn't heard many reports from it, but sounds good.
 What's ur Mk3 like on track.
The Mk3 is ok on the track, as you would expect it is not the most powerful, lightest, or best handling car on the track days, but we have fun which is the important bit. It has been stripped out with decent suspension and a few other bits. Cheap reliable track day fun.

Paul

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2012, 21:57 »
Faster than an MX5 though eh mate? :grin:

Nick