Author Topic: golf 1.8t aum full boost when cold , no boost when up to temperature issue HELP  (Read 1276 times)

Offline donno

• Not said much yet
Hi All ,

I have a 2003 golf 1.8t aum stock standard 125 k fully serviced  , besides a forge 008p diverter valve.My car has full boost and is smooth when the car is cold , but when the car gets up to temperature (90 degrees) the turbo cuts out and has virtually no boost .The car is also very jerky when getting on and off the throttle.Scanned for codes none come up.Replaced ,pre cat lambda sensor , n75  , air filter , new plugs(gapped correctly) ,new n112 , n249 , repaired sai pump with bolts ,pcv valve in tee piece  , rocker cover gasket , combi valve and lastly MAF .aLL PARTS ARE GENUINE VAG PARTS.done throttle body alignment with V CHECKER PRO.tried adjusting the actuator tighter by one turn at a time , made things worse.Checked for boost leaks , none found.

Any help would be appreciated , car is driving me nuts

cheers Donno.

This is driving me nuts , please help.

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Try the temp sensor, they are renowned to die and can cause a load of problems, especially with the running of the engine.

- also buy the genuine only (£30 to £40)

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Deffo the temp sensor if you've not changed it already.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Tezmax

• GTI forum regular
Try the temp sensor, they are renowned to die and can cause a load of problems, especially with the running of the engine.

- also buy the genuine only (£30 to £40)

Yep, can run like a bag sh!te with a faulty temp sensor.
Failing that you may have a vac pipe/connection leaking once your pipe work gets hot.

1.8t Aum. forge 007p. 17" bbs. R-tech stage 1 map.205/235. catch can.

Offline donno

• Not said much yet
Hi all ,
Cheers for the reply.I will try the CTS asap.gonna start praying now car is tezting my brain.I will report back my findings.