Author Topic: Any insights welcome  (Read 963 times)

Offline sdgymjunkie

• Just got here
Any insights welcome
« on: 27 October 2018, 07:28 »
Hi, I've just joined this site. I'm a former Mk1 GTI owner but I am hoping someone can offer some insights regarding my new purchase which is an UP! GTI.

I have the first one in my area and so the Inchcape people I bought from still don't seem to know much about it. I've had it 3 weeks and since purchase it has been making a strange, low volume 'tooting' noise when ignition goes on, pulling away in first or reversing. It doesn't happen every time or even every day, but some days it is fairly constant as I drive around.

The diagnostics checks have been all fine and no one can shed any light on it except to say it must be normal operational noises for that model. If it made the noise all the time I would be more inclined to believe it but I'm not sure.

I'm not mechanically minded at all so if anyone has any advice to offer I would love to hear it please :)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Any insights welcome
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2018, 12:09 »
Hi welcome to the forum. Nice choice of car! :smiley:

Don't have one myself, but they look like great fun. There are a few members on here that have one. Off the top of my head, volkswizard and wigit. If you could get yourself up to 10 posts you will be able to PM them and ask.

Volkswizard also has an insightful YouTube channel where you may be able to leave him a comment for him to respond to.
« Last Edit: 27 October 2018, 12:13 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD