Author Topic: Andyfitz - "prisoner of war - 1987 1.3 lunacy"  (Read 6291 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Andyfitz - "prisoner of war - 1987 1.3 lunacy"
« on: 04 April 2005, 20:39 »
project background:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Andyfitz

• GTI forum regular
Re: Andyfitz - "prisoner of war - 1987 1.3 lunacy"
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2005, 21:30 »
Right guys and gals, About time I brought you all into my world  :smiley:

My project is based on my old 1987 D reg parma violet crazy coloured 1.3 golf, It was my pride and joy for the few months I owned it, But it came around to MOT time and the car had a rottien chassis and break pipes and failed the MOT.

Now it's hard to beleve a dub would rot, But this one served a hard life.

The car had rotted on the passenger side front chassis innner wing and chassis seam were seperated and the chassis was holed in several places, This was caused by a front end bump someware down the line before I owned the car, The repair job was crap, Another front quarter had been welded on and they'ed done a crap job, All in all it was not worth repairng the car as it stood me at £200 so I thought it better to get another and start afresh.

Before we move onto my current VW I will show you the old one and explain what I did.

Here is a pic of the car before I stripped all my stuff off it and weighed it in  :laugh:

Look at the sexy beast!

And after the stripping job was complete, alot less pritty :(

Well thats what it looked like and finnished off looking like!

I stripped my doors, boot, bonnet, lowering kit, alloys, big bumpers jetta front end, light eyebrow and light clusters off the car also the GTI interior and MFA clocks ect were removed along with the veedub rebranded scorpion 918 alarm/imobiliser!

These will all be reapiering on my new car. Also the 1.3 engine and 4 speed box were taken for a rebuild  :evil:

At this point you may be asking why the title? well I see this project as taking an innocent car... and abbusing it untill it suits me :D and I really do think lime green paint with a nice set of 15" black BBS alloys will be absoublt lunacy, And the twin dellortro carbs that will be finding there way onto the rebuilt engine next year  :evil:

Now I have come this far it's time to tell you what my next car is... the answer? another 1987 1.3c!  :laugh:

The following pics are of the car as it stands now, and over the next few months I will be bringing reports of the cars progress and sexy looks that will come of my stuff being refitted :)

Full frontal action!

Arse end ;)

And a nice side view!

Now this car has been in my family for about 14 of it's 18 year life so it's well looked after and unlike the last one is solid underneath, with abit of work this one will look as good as the good old "D111 TNS" that you see above :)

Thats enough for now, but untill my next installment I will leave you to think about one thing.... A 1.3 with twin dellotro's? am I blinking mad???? well after all the title is "1.3 lunacy" ;) and for the record, I am totaly insane  :tongue:
« Last Edit: 02 December 2005, 16:24 by Andyfitz »

Offline Andyfitz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2005, 15:34 »
Ok an update,

Over the last few days I have been looking at the overall condition of my car, Needs the rear bloody brake pipes doin as there gonna burst soon and prob wont pass an MOT, rear wheel bearing's are abit shagged - tightened them for now, new one's goin on soon!

As for mods, I have put my GTI clocks and seats in, the front one's are abit splif burned tho from the previous owner's antics  :laugh: so I may be recovering them or looking for a cheap recaro interior ;)

The lowering springs and doors I went to fit yesterday to find that the rear shock bolts were totaly shagged, no way I am undoing those untill I have some new ones! and the alarm I have I am replacing so I dident fit the de-handled doors ether.

So all together a marginaly productive weekend, I have found out what work needs doing and swapped my interior!

Spray jobs gonna cost me about £70 for paint and hardner and sh!te, and my mate's gonna spray it and do the bodywork for £200 :) fair price I think! so far I have £100 towards the job!!! need to start saving then I can get it done!

Also I have decided due to lack of funds the car's staying red... VW tornado red... but my next project will be a mad colour  :laugh:

Pics of interior will be up soon when I borrow works camera again lol.

Offline Andyfitz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2005, 20:16 »
Ok,

Im a sucker for DUB's I managed to accidently on purpose buy a G reg GTI, it's shagged of course :P I wouldent of bought it otherwise  :grin:

So I am putting the doors of it on mine along with a set of the chinese MK3 style door handles, not fitting the de-handled doors, to do that I would need to wire the alarm up and get it working for the soliniod, it boils down the the fact I really cant be arsed wiring that phat alarm up  :wink:

So the de-handled doors are for sale if anyone's interested PM or email me, I am looking for about £45 and you'll need to pick them up from buxton darbyshire.

Anyhow the spray job is starting this week, the car will have all the bodywork mods and the respray completed by 14th may, bit f**ked off as I wont make inters, but rest assured the DUB will be there next year!

So thats it for now next week you will see the car in all it's glory, and I promise all of you i'll resize these bloody pics :P

Offline Andyfitz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2005, 18:13 »
Rite the cars now been resprayed, (well about 3 months ago now lol) but iv'e been busy and not on here much.

I will sort out my hosting and get the pics back up again and show you how the car now looks.

Over the next few weeks I shall be concentrating on a boot build and gettin my ice setup nice.

Offline Andyfitz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2005, 16:27 »
2nd December 2005

Well a while since iv'e posted anything constructive!

The car needed alot of bodywork as you could see in the pics in my first post, It's now looking alot nicer due to me fitting big bumpers, jetta front end, and having a full respray!

Here's some pics :)

Front end :)

Side View

And the rear end.

I think the car looks miles better now, it's the redest golf iv'e seen near me now!

Gave the car a wash and wax today tooooo it was fookin freezing  :laugh:

Offline Andyfitz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 11 February 2006, 19:31 »
Right, this is going to be my last update to this project, the car has gone  :smiley:

I got sick of the sh!te running of a 1.3 golf and bought a vectra  :grin:

So this project is comming to an end im afraid! but look out for my next project, Im taking a GTI and stripping it to the bare shell... respraying it lambo orange and throwing in a 20vT.

I'll see you all when the ball starts rolling!  :laugh:

Offline Andyfitz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2006, 19:33 »
P.S,

anyone who's got a clean 90 spec MK2 GTI for sale PM me.