Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529820 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #310 on: 24 February 2016, 22:11 »
That's it, I'm taking pictures of my Tranny van mid wash tomorrow if it's a free for all now :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #311 on: 25 February 2016, 15:49 »

Gotta love the snow foam.

It's looking pretty good - very purposeful.  :cool:

A good machine polish will bring that black back to it's best.

Yeah I love it; thankfully since we moved I don't get so many strange looks when I use it  :grin:

Thanks  :smiley:  couple of the wheels need a refurb and then a good old detailing session with Grant @ Urban Details will be on the cards......

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #312 on: 25 February 2016, 18:55 »
I just wish I could find some of the products that you guys rave about...I recently spend a whole day visiting various car wash places in my city (2nd biggest in Bulgaria) and, without fail, they all use dishwashing liquid.

No one had ever heard of snow foam, clay thingies or any of the other things you guys use.

In the meantime, my Golf4 looks like it has been dragged through the river...backwards!! Mechanically perfect, but looks like sh!t!!
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #313 on: 25 February 2016, 20:00 »
Maybe it's a good thing that none of it's available, it will save you a fortune :rolleyes:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #314 on: 26 February 2016, 05:59 »
That's one way to look at it I suppose.  :grin:
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #315 on: 26 February 2016, 09:01 »
I just wish I could find some of the products that you guys rave about...I recently spend a whole day visiting various car wash places in my city (2nd biggest in Bulgaria) and, without fail, they all use dishwashing liquid.

No one had ever heard of snow foam, clay thingies or any of the other things you guys use.

In the meantime, my Golf4 looks like it has been dragged through the river...backwards!! Mechanically perfect, but looks like sh!t!!

It is a shame but kalimon's right - it's a slippery slope and can end up being a costly hobby, lol.  Looking on here doesn't help either!

Maybe you need to kick things off and start a detailing revolution in Bulgaria, haha!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #316 on: 26 February 2016, 10:29 »
....they might deport me as a radical!!!   :laugh:

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #317 on: 26 February 2016, 16:52 »
Got the car prepped for Pistonheads Sunday Service at Bruntingthorpe while I had the time today. Usual routine + light polish with Dodo Juice Lime Prime and topped off with Collinite 845. If only the sun had come out properly!

Now I've just got to keep it this clean until Sunday morning  :laugh:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #318 on: 26 February 2016, 17:26 »
Got the car prepped for Pistonheads Sunday Service at Bruntingthorpe while I had the time today. Usual routine + light polish with Dodo Juice Lime Prime and topped off with Collinite 845. If only the sun had come out properly!

Now I've just got to keep it this clean until Sunday morning  :laugh:

Wow! That looks superb. :cool: Collinite 845 is my favourite 'easy on, easy off' waxes. Durability isn't bad either.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #319 on: 26 February 2016, 17:52 »
Wow! That looks superb. :cool: Collinite 845 is my favourite 'easy on, easy off' waxes. Durability isn't bad either.

Thanks! Yeah it really is lovely to apply! It's definitely a fave of mine too

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive