Author Topic: Maguiars and Poorboys Day Out....  (Read 10294 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Maguiars and Poorboys Day Out....
« Reply #30 on: 21 June 2013, 13:19 »
I would have thought you would need a smaller backing plate as the chances of touching the car with the rubber backing plate would be high.  The dodo juice pads were 150MM and just fitted but I was much more comfortable with the megs pads.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 21 June 2013, 14:15 »
I would have thought you would need a smaller backing plate as the chances of touching the car with the rubber backing plate would be high.  The dodo juice pads were 150MM and just fitted but I was much more comfortable with the megs pads.

Ta, yeah that's what I thought.  The PB Natty's blue liquid smells of bubblegum  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 21 June 2013, 16:39 »
My appologies Booth! You'll need a 5" backing plate for the Hex pads, i didn't realise the G220 came with a 6" one, my Das 6 pro came with this 5" which is what you'll need:

Backing Plate
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 21 June 2013, 20:15 »
The smell of strawberries is wearing off, but maybe its all the rain and dirt covering it up.

I think the PB SSR1 smells like Bananas, PB EX-P smells of coconut and PB Red Paste wax strawberries.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 21 June 2013, 20:45 »
My appologies Booth! You'll need a 5" backing plate for the Hex pads, i didn't realise the G220 came with a 6" one, my Das 6 pro came with this 5" which is what you'll need:

Backing Plate

Thanks Jimble  :smiley:   I'll get one.  Then I'll have a 3", 5" and 6" backing plates - should cover every eventuality!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11