Author Topic: Maguiars G220 V2 £139 Amazon  (Read 3807 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Maguiars G220 V2 £139 Amazon
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2013, 23:48 »
Have you used one before?  Let us know how you get on with it please. 

I'm thinking of getting a DA but having not used one before am a bit apprehensive  :undecided:  Would be really helpful to get the view from a first time user.

Thanks
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2013, 18:19 »

I'm thinking of getting a DA but having not used one before am a bit apprehensive  :undecided:  Would be really helpful to get the view from a first time user.

Thanks

I haven't used one before, but there is a first time for everything, my bonnet needs an overhaul with stone chips.  There are some light swirls in the paint too. The total care car shopping list totals £300. :shocked:
Waxamomo's got an order for some stuff out of that lot too which should turn up tomorrow, although Amazon are quoting Friday delivery for the polisher, pads and microfiber cloths, too cheap to pay for delivery.
« Last Edit: 10 June 2013, 18:22 by ajmoir36 »
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2013, 21:30 »
Good price for that, is it much better than the dodo juice buff daddy and worth the extra?
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2013, 22:05 »
Good price for that, is it much better than the dodo juice buff daddy and worth the extra?

I have no idea, it seems the Maguiars V1 was prone to issues, but tried looking for issues with the v2 and came up short.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2013, 22:05 »

Thanks

I haven't used one before, but there is a first time for everything, my bonnet needs an overhaul with stone chips.  There are some light swirls in the paint too. The total care car shopping list totals £300. :shocked:
Waxamomo's got an order for some stuff out of that lot too which should turn up tomorrow, although Amazon are quoting Friday delivery for the polisher, pads and microfiber cloths, too cheap to pay for delivery.

Yeah, all this detailing gear soon adds up.  I just spent nearly £200 just topping up my normal kit, so the DA will have to wait a couple months.

ajmoir -.perhaps you'd be good enough to post a brief review of your first use of it.  Seems to be a few people interested in DA's and it would be helpful  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2013, 22:10 »
I will try and take pictures and stuff, fingers crossed that I get the time at the weekend and the weather holds. Need to start before the weekend in the evens to see if I can get it clayed and the stone chips, touched up/sanded down before the polisher comes out Saturday.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 10 June 2013, 23:19 »
I will try and take pictures and stuff, fingers crossed that I get the time at the weekend and the weather holds. Need to start before the weekend in the evens to see if I can get it clayed and the stone chips, touched up/sanded down before the polisher comes out Saturday.

Cheers mate  :smiley:

Hope the weather holds for you.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2013, 21:41 »
It took me two hours to clay bar the entire of the body work, excluding glass, wheels and grey/black plastic tonight, I am impressed how easy it is to claybar. No dilemmas, the paint is smooth now. Tomorrow all the stone chips get filled in. The day after they get sanded down. The machine polishing starts on friday provided the machine turns up. Got some free Maoams Sours in the Waxamomo order Mmmmm. Free upgrade to a larger dodo juice for claying although the tiny amount I used tonight, it probably needs selling on ebay. The other thing was they were sold out of Poorboys wheel sealant. Fingers crossed it arrives before the weekend. But at least the wheels are like a sepreate job.

Waxamomo delivered this today
« Last Edit: 12 June 2013, 17:10 by ajmoir36 »

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2013, 17:36 »
Its raining today boohoo. :cry: