Author Topic: Number plate on retention - M14 OLF  (Read 2749 times)

Offline PT08

• Just got here
Number plate on retention - M14 OLF
« on: 15 April 2020, 09:51 »
Hello all,

I'm a speculator, new to this forum (and a few others I have joined). I don't buy & sell very tenuous chav-plates and I have one which when illegally spaced and displayed to a council house dweller with their eyes squinted, it would look like the word My Golf... in the hope that I can flog it for less than I paid for it. True story.

I've come on this golf forum to not insult your intelligence, all in the hope of finding a kind/helpful person who may buy my cool plate. I've done this all wrapped up in a thinly veiled one-off attempt to try and seek recommendations on where I could sell the plate that I have on retention off my old car.

If this topic is unacceptable, please delete. But if anybody with more than one brain cell would like to call me out for trying to sell it and would like to barrack me for trying to sell such a cool plate, please do.

Thanks, Paul.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2020, 20:54 by PT08 »

Offline Neil C

• Not said much yet
Re: Number plate on retention - M14 OLF
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2020, 21:17 »
There are loads of good companies online mate : regtransfers.co.uk , plates4less.co.uk , platehunter.com , speedyreg.co.uk , eliteregistrations.co.uk etc etc.

I would go onto each of their websites and get a valuation for your private plate and see who offers you the highest price.

Offline Neil C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2020, 21:31 »
Platehunter have M14 OLF on their website for £1200

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2020, 17:07 »
Or alternatively you could join loads of internet forums enquiring about the best place to sell your number plate on retention (ensuring the actual registration is in the title of the thread) as your first post and hope that someone enquires directly?

That's what I'd do.

I'd be interested myself but I don't drive a VW AOLF.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline PT08

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2020, 17:58 »
Platehunter have M14 OLF on their website for £1200
Yeah I've joined a few that I've forgotten about this is one lol :whistle:

Offline PT08

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 17 April 2020, 18:21 »
Or alternatively, you could join loads of internet forums enquiring about the best place to sell your number plate on retention (ensuring the actual registration is in the title of the thread) as your first post and hope that someone enquires directly?

That's what I'd do.

I'd be interested myself but I don't drive a VW AOLF.
Exactly that, that's what I've done on here... see what happens. Thanks for the interest tho.  :smiley:

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2020, 09:49 »
[translate]

Hello all,

I'm a speculator, new to this forum (and the hundreds of others I have joined). I buy & sell very tenuous chav-plates and I have one which when illegally spaced and displayed to a council house dweller with their eyes squinted, still wouldn't look like the word Golf... in the hope that I can flog it for more than I paid for it.

I've come on this golf forum to insult your intelligence, all in the hope of finding a blind person who may buy my sh!tty plate. I've done this all wrapped up in a thinly veiled attempt at trying to claim I'm seeking recommendations on where I could sell my sh!tty plate that I have on retention.

If this topic is unacceptable, please delete. But if anybody with more than one brain cell would like to call me out for such obvious buying/selling tactics and would like to barrack me for trying to trade such a sh!t plate, please do.

Thanks, 4aul.

[/translate]
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 29 April 2020, 14:27 »
Are you sure you're not NW51 MCN?

No, wait, that was another thread on another forum where a member had found an ingenious way of spacing the characters, using two different types of font and a couple of black screws to make, in his eyes, VW SIMON. Proper class.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline PT08

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2020, 15:55 »
Nope... just another loser trying to sell his number plate.

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2020, 16:55 »
M14 OLG = MY GOLF, really? A bit contrived.