Author Topic: Onepointeight turd - yet another build.  (Read 17812 times)

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
Re: Onepointeight turd - yet another build.
« Reply #10 on: 20 January 2013, 13:27 »
Old scirocco?

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #11 on: 20 January 2013, 13:27 »
Perhaps with all the trouble you've had with the last two, it might be an idea to............

I dunno, keep it to a reasonable hight:whistle: :shocked:

You've read Danny's other build threads right? I don't think there is any danger of that happening :grin:

I've seen the picture updates on Facebook, looking forward to seeing what it's going to be dropped into :cool:

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
« Reply #12 on: 20 January 2013, 13:33 »
Im hoping its a poloon  :cool:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 20 January 2013, 13:34 »
Perhaps with all the trouble you've had with the last two, it might be an idea to............

I dunno, keep it to a reasonable hight?  :whistle: :shocked:

Was thinking exac same mate. Unless you save up for bags.

I never had an issue once I dropped the 1.8T in the Ibiza? Shallow sump and engine raise, never hit once! I snapped one cv joint.. I lost my job so I stripped the Ibiza made my money back and bought the 36 for pennies just for fun.

But with the ideas I've been throwing about I will have travel and clearence, plus I'm getting custom cv joints made.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 20 January 2013, 13:36 »
Old scirocco?

Nah dude :) little bit newer..

You've read Danny's other build threads right? I don't think there is any danger of that happening :grin:

I've seen the picture updates on Facebook, looking forward to seeing what it's going to be dropped into :cool:

Thanks Dom :grin: I'm making this a bit more drivable then the last hopefully haha!

Im hoping its a poloon  :cool:

Wrong again haha ;)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 20 January 2013, 13:50 »

Was thinking exac same mate. Unless you save up for bags.

Forgot to reply to this, you can build an air ride setup for £600-800 front and back so it's not like its expensive.. but I will be always be static, only chance that would change is if I had kids but then I most likely would be driving something else daily.

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 20 January 2013, 15:28 »

I have indeed followed the threads since the mk3 Wagon! I know its never likely to be anything like standard ride height, but maybe thought you could go low, without going so far as notched chassis legs.  :undecided:

Not hating mate, far from it in fact! I love what you've done previously, but just feel maybe its time for a small compromise, no?  :wink:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 20 January 2013, 15:52 »
Ah no worries mate, i know the majority of peoples brains think a lot differently to me ;) but when you see what i'm dropping this lump in you will understand i need it at a semi-sensible height especially with me wanting to use it for my business :)

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 20 January 2013, 17:38 »
Caddy van

What's your trade?

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2013, 21:56 »
Caddy van

What's your trade?

Computer repair engineer :whistle:

Got all fresh nuts and bolts for the lump today, shorter aux belt for non-aircon 1.8t's (6PK1125), oil filter and cleaned gearbox up. Also got the K04 exhaust gasket and gave it to campbells to have the exhaust flange laser cut.

Still can't be bothered to get the camera out so more iPhone flicks..!

1 by d.monday, on Flickr

2 by d.monday, on Flickr