Author Topic: what a T@?t!!!!  (Read 2216 times)

Offline helram

• Just got here
  • with great power comes great abuse of human rights
what a T@?t!!!!
« on: 07 March 2016, 10:30 »
thought id share a tale to brighten the monday mornings with someone elses stupidity and misfortune.......Mine!
after years of wanting to own a hot vw i finally got myself (the misses) a mk3 2.0 8v gti :grin: happy days.
the guy that sold us it said it needed front shocks and would explain why the steering feels unresponsive and wayward, so having bought car and taking mateys word for it proceeded to purchase new shocks and front suspension update kit, i figured i might as well as they are probably worn too.
couple hundred quid later and i have the wheel off with a view to changing parts. due to my over confident diagnosis i discover all replacement parts ordered have been replaced! and could have saved the best part of £200 if i took the time and got a second opinion.....which i did after i already spent the money. oh sh!t now i have to tell the misses :cry: :cry: :cry:
que verbal abuse and flying crockery over and i quote "spending money we dont have on sh!t we dont need you clown, you better pray that stuff can be sent back monkey boy or we're gonna fall out!"
suffice to say i have spent all weekend in the dog house and looks like thats where im staying for a while :embarrassed:
with hindsight the moral to this story is fairly obvious now.....to me anyway and if nothing else i hope it has made somone chuckle happy monday!

Offline Simeon

• I live here
Re: what a T@?t!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2016, 11:13 »
I'm sure you can send it all back mate, but more worryingly, if all the suspension is new then why is the steering 'unresponsive and wayward'..? I'd stick your head back under it and check wishbone bushes etc.

Offline helram

• Just got here
  • with great power comes great abuse of human rights
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2016, 11:36 »
yeah i thought so too i gave everything a clean up while i was there though all wishbone bushes and all that look fine, no cracks in the rubber or excessive play but the drop links and ARB's look like they seen better days. i got my old man to have a test drive which he took great smug pride in telling me i should've done first given that he is an engineer, and he reckons tracking is waaaay out, so going to start again with that and go from there.
still feel a bit of twit!

Offline Garhan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2016, 08:58 »
I feel your pain I would've sent the parts back before mentioning it to the wife.
If I didn't get my money back, I'd stay in the garage It's easier.