Author Topic: Any help and advice gratefully received. Golf Gti Mk5. EPC and EML...  (Read 2663 times)

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
Having an absolute stinker with my baby since I got her back after all the recent work!

Cooling fans started going off, two hours after I drove the car! Diagnosed as a faulty coolant sensor. Replaced that and at the same time had a cambelt kit, water pump and thermostat, as well as a Neuspeed crankshaft pulley. Also replaced the throttle body hose, with a Forge one, as the old one looked tired.

Picked the car up on Friday pm. All was well, although I noticed a flat spot in second gear from about 2,800rpm through to 3,500rpm, which it's never suffered from before, usually no hesitation just full boost and crazy acceleration all the way to 7,200rpm.

Noticed a slightly different exhaust note too, especially at low revs, but also throughout the whole rev range. I thought to myself, 'I've had the new engine mounts, dogbone mounts, crankshaft pulley etc, so it must all be related'. Although I hadn't entirely convinced myself.

Yesterday I stopped to let a car pull into a junction. Went to give it some stick in first gear as I pulled away and about a quarter of a second into my take off, the car just died, like I had hit the brakes as hard as I could. EPC and EML came on, car went into severe limp mode, idle was around 1,150rpm, exhaust note was bizarre, juddering all over the place, so much so the tailpipes were rattling around like crazy.

Any ideas at all? I'm gutted. I've spent £2,500 on her over the last month and this is how she repays me. b!tch.

Ta

Miles
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
sound like your timing belt might have skipped a tooth when they were fitting it had a similar issue on my s3 it wouldn't boost right sounded rough and had eml on  :sad:

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
But no ECP light? I'm thinking a boost pipe may have sh!t itself.
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
But no ECP light? I'm thinking a boost pipe may have sh!t itself.
have you tried scanning it to see what comes up  :smiley:

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
Getting it done tonight. Just difficult to sort still when you no there's something wrong

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
Turns out the ecu had muddled it's parameters for the throttle body because the battery was disconnected for nearly a week.

292bhp / 287lbft