Poll

Quick question addressed at everyone.   If you bought a brand new car and the Bluetooth was faulty, USB drive was faulty, reversing camera was faulty, parking sensors was faulty, side skirt wasn't attached properly and the boot was misaligned. Would you r

Yes
19 (55.9%)
No
15 (44.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Mass vote request please  (Read 6279 times)

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
Mass vote request please
« on: 07 January 2016, 19:15 »
Quick question addressed at everyone. A simple yes or no will suffice.

If you bought a brand new car and the Bluetooth was faulty, USB drive was faulty, reversing camera was faulty, parking sensors was faulty, side skirt wasn't attached properly and the boot was misaligned. Would you request a new car? Yes or no?
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
Re: Mass vote request please
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2016, 19:53 »
Could you not just demand it all be put right :huh:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2016, 20:01 »
It sounds like there is an issue with the infotainment system. Has the dealer had any attempts to fix?

Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 07 January 2016, 20:33 »
I'd ask the dealers to try and fix it, if they can't then thats another issue. What exactly are the issues with the sensors etc?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 January 2016, 20:37 »
It has been back twice so far, they have fixed most of the issues, the camera still randomly freezes and the Bluetooth skips a beat. My biggest complaint now is the boot, it is sitting too low and has cut into the paintwork on the bumper, in my opinion it would mean the bumper will needs to be resprayed, but I know the dealer isn't going to do that. Just generally not happy at the cost of £39k

I didn't pick them up at delivery because the dealer make me pick the car up at 5pm. The car was outside in the dark whilst it was raining.
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 07 January 2016, 20:44 »
You paid £39 grand for an R  :shocked: :shocked:

Offline sotonjoe

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 07 January 2016, 21:08 »
Outside in the dark and rain is the nightmare collection scenario. Not sure I would have agreed a handover in this conditions tbh but you should certainly be able to get everything fixed.

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 07 January 2016, 21:35 »
You paid £39 grand for an R  :shocked: :shocked:
no I didn't lol. This is for my jaguar, my golf is fine

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 07 January 2016, 22:08 »
That's a lot of issues for a brand new car.  Too many. Thankfully you still have the reliable R.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 07 January 2016, 23:25 »
It has been back twice so far, they have fixed most of the issues, the camera still randomly freezes and the Bluetooth skips a beat. My biggest complaint now is the boot, it is sitting too low and has cut into the paintwork on the bumper, in my opinion it would mean the bumper will needs to be resprayed, but I know the dealer isn't going to do that. Just generally not happy at the cost of £39k

I didn't pick them up at delivery because the dealer make me pick the car up at 5pm. The car was outside in the dark whilst it was raining.
tell the dealer you want all the issues sorted including the boot and bumper paint or you will return the car they have to sort it if the tailgate has dropped and caused the paint issue on bumper  :smiley: try get them to throw in a free service for the time you have spent going back to the dealer more than once