Author Topic: Dent on boot!! how do i remove the dent!!!  (Read 2590 times)

Offline *Dickie*

• Not said much yet
Dent on boot!! how do i remove the dent!!!
« on: 24 July 2009, 11:56 »
hello

i just brought a golf gti 16v off ebay which needs work doing to it. so got it as a project.It has a dent on the corner of the boot. does any1 now the best way to remove a dent  ???

i was thinking hair dryer to heat the mental up and den roller it and it shud smooth out ???

can any1 help me please.......

Offline crazy_e

• GTI forum regular
Re: Dent on boot!! how do i remove the dent!!!
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2009, 12:02 »
Hi,

My brother owns his own company doing paintless dent repair and i have just spoke to him about it and he said dont touch it :)

he said if you want it gone and you want it looking good take it to some one that can do painless dent repair

he said 9/10 people that try to repair it them selfs aint happy and take it some where to get it done properly and 10/10 people that take it somewhere end up paying more to get it fixed cos their work has to be sorted before they can pull the dent out.

Elliot

Offline Vesper

• Not said much yet
Re: Dent on boot!! how do i remove the dent!!!
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2009, 13:06 »
I've got a dent  down the bottom side  edge of the boot where my spacially inept partner reversed into a wall  :angry: I managed to tap the edge back out and its fairly hard to see (no scratching to the paint thankfully) but without a professional fill & respray it will always be there (well, I will notice it!). It very hard to do much with the double folded metal in terms of popping it back out. If you're good at filling and prepping and getting a superb finish just get a quote on a complete boot respray.