Author Topic: HOW TO: MK5 GOLF Nokia Car Kit PART 2  (Read 51309 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: HOW TO: MK5 GOLF Nokia Car Kit PART 2
« Reply #40 on: 14 October 2006, 20:17 »
I'm sure it could be done without the bending!

Offline OlliBlue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 17 October 2006, 10:08 »
Any suggestions Doc?
It's the sat nav plastic that is bended.

@2007GTI : Could you post a pic from your mic install ? I might change mine so that the pass. can also speak.

Offline Martbikes

• Just got here
« Reply #42 on: 15 April 2007, 09:01 »
A big Thanks to the Doc i fitted the kit yesterday no problems at all thanks to the excellent instructions once again many thanks>

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 28 April 2007, 18:59 »
My pleasure!   :wink:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 01 May 2007, 08:49 »
PS NON CLIMATE CARS take the switched pos from the air con controls, on the rear of the air con controls there are 4/5 thick wires - use the one closest to the pass side  :wink:

Offline charly

• Just got here
« Reply #45 on: 14 September 2008, 23:37 »
Hi great forum guys
Good fitting guide and had to join the forum to say a big thanks, mine is fitted just like you say but I took the Nokia plastic mic apart and fitted the guts in the roof light where VW fits their mic and it works sweet.
One thing I will point out though is I got my kit from sextons and it was only 12 quid but I had nothing working when it was all fitted so I rang Autoleads Tech and it turns out VW have moved the mute lead (Yellow) from the power block up on to the top quadlock pin 10 I believe where the two microphone wires are if anyone needs a piccy I will get one posted anyway to cut a long story short it seems there are two types of 06-116b kits in circulation the old one (Maybe hence 12 quid) and the new one which has the wire moved to the correct place, and to top it off there are no phyical extra pins in the top quadlock so you have to salvage one from somewhere and make your own connection or send it back to the supplier and demand the newer cable instead.

Regards
Charles

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 15 September 2008, 07:46 »
How times change - this was 2 years ago - hope your all doing well ;-)

Offline Garethw110

• Just got here
« Reply #47 on: 16 February 2011, 18:46 »
After removing my RNS-MFD2 stereo and the air con unit today to fit an I-Pod adaptor,I now have an airbag warning light coming up on the dash. Does anyone know where the connections are for the airbags, so that I can check if I have knocked them by accident? Or is it more likely that I have damaged something?

I also dropped a small torx spanner down the air con vent on the top when removing it, although all my air-con seems to be working fine, not a successful day!!!!

Cheers
2006 GTi DSG

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 16 February 2011, 18:51 »
My goodness, is this still here  :huh:

Ok, firstly don't panic!

I can't imagine why the airbag light would come on if you've only removed the radio and air con unit but hey ho, where are you located and lets see if you have anyone local that can fix your problem  :wink:

Offline Garethw110

• Just got here
« Reply #49 on: 16 February 2011, 19:09 »
Still here and very very useful!!

Just been told if I disconnectd the hazard light and passenger airbag plugs (which I did) without the battery being disconnected this will cause the airbag light to come on. Im assuming from this I will just need to go to my local VW garage for them to clear the fault code?

I live in Aberdeen but am back home visiting family in Norfolk until tomorrow.

Cheers for the help, this site really is brilliant!!!
2006 GTi DSG