Author Topic: Shes ordering a mk7 tomorrow....  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Hutchysrs50

• Just got here
Shes ordering a mk7 tomorrow....
« on: 12 January 2013, 22:31 »
Well she took one for a test drive today (starting the morning with her heart set on a ford focus) and ended up falling in love with the golf. 

She's after the 1.6 tdi, se, with the optional white paint. It will have the 5 speed box so no dsg gearbox for me!
Having looked at the optional extras list I'm not sure what to do... I can't decide on...

Front fogs around £200
Rear tinted windows around £200
And winter pack around £370

Now the car is a gift and I'm just the poor boyfriend wanting to get her a nice gift for the car. I've hinted for most of them but she just doesn't bite! Not even heated seats in the winter!

100% getting the rubber mats and the safety kit. Voice activation sounds tempting for the price of £150..

Not sure what to do!

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Re: Shes ordering a mk7 tomorrow....
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2013, 23:08 »
Pursuade her to go for GT. VW have now got a 400 page accessories brochure inc clothing, luggage, iPad cases those sorts of things. What about some nice carpet mats for spring/summer or a sd card with all favourite tunes on?

Offline Hutchysrs50

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2013, 23:56 »
It's a no go for the GT, and anything els by the sounds of it, she just doesn't share the same enthusiasm about cars that I do. I've told her I would buy the winter pack since it seems the best optional extra and good value for money.

Heated seats
Headlight washers
Heated screen wash front and rear
Low screen wash warning sensor

Not bad for £370 when your spending £21,000 anyway! And IMO will add value and help it hold value a lot more in the future.

She can have an iron and ironing board then. :)

Will post again tomorrow when it's ordered and see what's happening.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2013, 23:57 by Hutchysrs50 »

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2013, 08:21 »
Who ever said romance is dead?  :grin: Good luck with the order, will look forward to seeing it!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2013, 10:17 »
I'm sure your both love it none the less...ask the dealer what the current waiting times are and let us know please...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Hutchysrs50

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2013, 14:25 »
Well she left about half 11 to go order the car. She picked the 1.6 tdi with the 5 speed manual box.  She picked the colour pure white which was an extra £200. I came upstares after my breakfast to find 11! yes 11 missed phone calls from my girlfriend... I phoned her back and she was asking if i would get her the winter pack, so of course i said she could have that as a gift from me...

Was an extra £370 for the heated seats, heater screen wash, headlight washers etc, also got the safety kit which was £15 i think and the mats which were £80 i think. Got a few other things extra key etc..

It came to around £21,500 iirc but since i didnt go with her i cant be 100% sure. 

Now, for the delivery date! They couldnt tell her an exact date but said it would most likley be late march. We'll know more tomorrow about an expected delivery date, OH and it will be a 13 plate of course.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2013, 18:20 »
  Now, for the delivery date! They couldnt tell her an exact date but said it would most likley be late march. We'll know more tomorrow about an expected delivery date, OH and it will be a 13 plate of course.

I take it neither of you are superstitious (sp?)
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Hutchysrs50

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2013, 19:18 »

Lucky for some ;)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2013, 20:18 »

superstitious spelt well  :wink: