Author Topic: White paint now a cost option.  (Read 18381 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: White paint now a cost option.
« Reply #20 on: 24 October 2012, 20:52 »
It's difficult to tell the difference with white at the best of times but that Oryx white needs to really pop to justify £900! :shocked:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 24 October 2012, 20:55 »
It's difficult to tell the difference with white at the best of times but that Oryx white needs to really pop to justify £900! :shocked:

Agreed, I can't tell the diff on the configurator....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 24 October 2012, 21:38 »

Agreed, I can't tell the diff on the configurator....

Is it available on all models, might've been nice for it to be a limited colour for the R or something? Not sure I'll be able to handle my third white car!

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #23 on: 25 October 2012, 11:46 »

Now that sold white is £200 when you get the chance to see Oryx white £700 more for it will seem worth it.

I think we have a 1.2 polo match coming in to stock in Oryx white : )
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 26 October 2012, 07:35 »

Now that sold white is £200 when you get the chance to see Oryx white £700 more for it will seem worth it.

Yeah wud have to see it in the flesh before spending hard earned on it...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 26 October 2012, 07:49 »

Lee, that sounds like a womans way of justifying the cost "It's not £900, it's ONLY £700 more". A bit like "I had to buy these shoes. They were a bargain. They were half price"  :grin: :grin: :wink:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #26 on: 26 October 2012, 11:58 »

[/quote

Lee, that sounds like a womans way of justifying the cost "It's not £900, it's ONLY £700 more". A bit like "I had to buy these shoes. They were a bargain. They were half price"  :grin: :grin: :wink:

It was the only way I could justify buying my new watch ; ) took me a while to justify the cost never mind the girlfriend.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 27 October 2012, 09:01 »

Picture please if you get a chance.
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 27 October 2012, 20:21 »

Picture please if you get a chance.

Yes it wud be good if you cud get a pic of a CW and Oryx white side by side to see if we can see the diff...

They might look different in real photos...if you get what I mean.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #29 on: 29 October 2012, 10:55 »
Surely she'd be more productive behind the controls of a washing machine?

Roger that

Surely she'd be more productive behind the controls of a washing machine?

or the cooker - don't forget the cooker!

Double roger that  :grin:

Pffffffft, deal with it. There are far too many white cars out there now, I really dislike it. They should charge people for it to stop what was once a 'rare' colour becoming the most popular!  :whistle:

They are trying to make white rare or premium again with "Oryx White" its only £930 on the Mk7

Note, if anyone has a real world picture, please post it!

Google images Tiguan summit! Awesome colour......I believe way back Doc considered buying a Tiguan summit which all came in oryx white with baseball brown leather.

Like this one?

Yes, and that's actually one of the cars I enquired about - think it was on the Shetlands