Author Topic: MK7 Road Tests  (Read 9936 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Re: MK7 Road Tests
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2012, 18:50 »
Drls look nice.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2012, 19:51 »
That "infotainment system" looks superb! although the exterior of the the car in the GT trim looks woefully boring. :(  it's really not looking great for the lower spec cars.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2012, 13:16 »
although the exterior of the the car in the GT trim looks woefully boring. :(  it's really not looking great for the lower spec cars.

Not much change from the current car then. A wheel upgrade will help and some Yeti tips to bling up the exhaust, but the front is poor. They could have made a bit more of the foglights like Mk6 GT
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2012, 13:38 »
although the exterior of the the car in the GT trim looks woefully boring. :(  it's really not looking great for the lower spec cars.

Not much change from the current car then. A wheel upgrade will help and some Yeti tips to bling up the exhaust, but the front is poor. They could have made a bit more of the foglights like Mk6 GT

I disagree, you can definately tell a GT apart from say a Match or S which as you say is mostly due to the wheels but there are a few other bits like tinted rear windows and darker tails, the new one just looks bland.. :sad:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2012, 15:24 »
I counter your disagreement with the following facts Jimble

Externally, the new GT will have in addition to the SE,

17" alloys and 10mm lower suspension (18" option)
Black front air intake and radiator grille with chrome trimmed inserts and roundel surround
Cherry red rear light clusters
Chrome trimmed front air intake surround
Chrome trimmed fog light surrounds
Gloss black door mirror mounting bracket
Front fog lights including static cornering function
Heat insulating rear tinted glas 65% light absorbing from B pillar backwards

So more or less the same differences as the Mk6 then.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2012, 17:55 »
Touche! :grin: I maintain the your GT looks better than the mk7 in comparison to the respective base model.

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 01 November 2012, 12:31 »
Touche! :grin: I maintain the your GT looks better than the mk7 in comparison to the respective base model.
I'm ordering a SE with the 1.4 120bhp. drove this in a mark six it's nippy enough for me but the big plus is the better fuel over the GTI. I'm a private driver and the cost of filling up the GTI is costing me 500 a month which is ridicules.
I will put a set of BBS on the SE, panoramic sunroof tinted glass from the middle pillar xeon lights with the cornering fog lights and white paint. For a 3 door that comes in at just over 21,000 with my choice of white paint.
At first I did not like the SE dashboard as the centre consul is covered in aluminium which goes right along to the speedo and rev-counter. However on the two tone dash it looks really smart For me adding the extras keeps the price down over the GT which only has marginal advantage on performance.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 01 November 2012, 20:01 »
I'm ordering a SE with the 1.4 120bhp. drove this in a mark six it's nippy enough for me but the big plus is the better fuel over the GTI. I'm a private driver and the cost of filling up the GTI is costing me 500 a month which is ridicules.
I will put a set of BBS on the SE, panoramic sunroof tinted glass from the middle pillar xeon lights with the cornering fog lights and white paint. For a 3 door that comes in at just over 21,000 with my choice of white paint.
At first I did not like the SE dashboard as the centre consul is covered in aluminium which goes right along to the speedo and rev-counter. However on the two tone dash it looks really smart For me adding the extras keeps the price down over the GT which only has marginal advantage on performance.

Have they given you a estimated delivery?

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mitchell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 27 November 2012, 10:56 »
Autocar driven it in the UK now as well - http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/golf/first-drives/first-drive-review-volkswagen-golf-14tsi-act-140-5dr

As usual it's only the priciest model they test though  :rolleyes:

Good to hear it's smooth on the 17" tyres though on our crappy roads