Author Topic: R you ready  (Read 25919 times)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
R you ready
« on: 14 July 2009, 14:09 »
So after playing with other ideas of how to have more power and fun i have come to the conclusion that there really is only one option

Mkiv R32

Ive pined after one for years and given the current market this is prob the best tiem to sell my 1.8T and get the best possible price for it, as much i adore my GTI i know i will simply be blown away by the R

Runnign costs are goign to be roughly the same and ins will go up but you only live once and will be the onyl time i get to own one plus the fact that they have discontinued the R32 engine

going to a garage tonight to see what they will give me in px on a deep pearl blur 32 they have

spec is :

£10999

VOLKSWAGEN Golf 3.2 V6 R32, 3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 2003 03 Reg, 64,000 miles, Metallic Blue. PROBABLY THE UKs BEST PRESENTED CARS, 18" Alloy Wheels, Full Black Leather Sports Seats, Racing Seats, Heated seats, Cruise control, Climate Control, ABS, Remote central locking, CD Multichanger, PAS, Front electric windows, Electrically adjustable passenger seat, Electrically adjustable drivers seat, Electric door mirrors, Height adjustable drivers seat, Body coloured bumpers, Alarm, Isofix child seat anchor points, Body kit, Front armrest, Folding rear seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Radio/Cassette, Side airbags, Rear headrests, Traction control, Full Service History.

Offline warnesey333

• I live here
Re: R you ready
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2009, 14:12 »
I completely envy you :(

Have you got any quotes yet for the insurance? I Remember getting myself quoted a while back for one when I was 19 and it was £4k lol

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2009, 14:49 »
yeah insurance is going to be around £1200 from what i have seen on comaparison web sites but need to rign my insurer and see what the actuall price will be but once it gets to nov i will have 1 ncd and will chop around for a better deal

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2009, 14:53 »
yeah insurance is going to be around £1200 from what i have seen on comaparison web sites but need to rign my insurer and see what the actuall price will be but once it gets to nov i will have 1 ncd and will chop around for a better deal

wouldn't you be better off waiting until your insurance is due?? will pay less overall in insurance costs and admin fees  :undecided:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2009, 14:59 »

wouldn't you be better off waiting until your insurance is due?? will pay less overall in insurance costs and admin fees  :undecided:

I know well havent decided if this R is the one as mentioend need to see what they offer me if they can give me a 'good' price then overall might be worth going ahead as when renewal is due in oct may not get the same deal etc :P

Offline ALEXS1.8T

• I live here
  • golf 1.9tdi 90bhp
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2009, 15:04 »
nice one best of luck sweet motor the r32  :smiley:. but i cant see a dealer offering nemore than 3k-3.750k and you would get more for sure if you sold private..... around 4.5k + i would of fort...  :smiley:
now drivin a golf 1.9 tdi 90bhp ... time to rack up them miles!! as my daily

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2009, 15:08 »
well whe i spoek to the garage earlier i was a cheeky sod and said i wanted 6k for it  :grin: they are goign to overlook the car and are aware of the spec as well, they guy didnt say i was talkign out my ass but obviously he needs to see if first before he will make any kind of valuation will find out in a few hours what sort of money he is thinking but im not going to have a crap price for it have looked around at other cars and seen soem way over priced for waht they are with higher mileage etc

but we will see and ill keep you all updated  :smiley:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2009, 15:47 »
Wait for the new R to come out and it will come down a tad more?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
« Reply #8 on: 14 July 2009, 15:53 »
I wont speak to you if you do get one  :wink:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #9 on: 14 July 2009, 15:57 »
Wait for the new R to come out and it will come down a tad more?

unlikey as the new .:R won't have a V6 engine in it so if anything MK4 and MK5 R32 values will most likely go up